buying a surf...I know!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• buying a surf...I know!

sorry to ask this questio again, but I am mr. new to all this. I have a 4 cab hilux, 96, 2.4d, and want to trade up to a surf.
    2.4 or 3.0 litre? does the speck vary alot? did the model change in 96 from mk3 to mk4 and is there any difference with these two modles. Iam based in Bradford /Leeds area are there any importers around me or decent trade garages. looking for a decent later model.
    Any help would be much appreciated
    ANTZ

ANTZ. Welcome to the forum mate. 1st gen 2nd gen & 3rd gen surfs all differ in some way or another 96 on is a 3rd gen surf 3.0 turbo diesel some have intercoolers. 2nd gen have 2.4 & 3.0 diesel turbo engines. there is a few members from yorkshire that will enlighten you on dealers in your area.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

cheers thanks for getting back, do you think its worth selling my 4 cab private or trading it in?
      ANTZ

Comment

Originally posted by anthony whatford
        sorry to ask this questio again, but I am mr. new to all this. I have a 4 cab hilux, 96, 2.4d, and want to trade up to a surf.
        2.4 or 3.0 litre? does the speck vary alot? did the model change in 96 from mk3 to mk4 and is there any difference with these two modles. Iam based in Bradford /Leeds area are there any importers around me or decent trade garages. looking for a decent later model.
        Any help would be much appreciated
        Spec varies on all models, I doubt you will find two Surfs of the same model with the same equipment in. Optional extras seem to be mandatory in Japan and they seem to fit whatever they want on them.
        2.4 had a head issue (bad design) but if you can pick up one thats had a new head (not repaired/stitched/recon) or a really cheap 2.4 and if the head goes then replace it with the money you saved.
        If you are after more peace of mind motoring then go for the 3.0, no major faults to date on the 3.0.
        Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
        My choice
        Back off

Comment

ant i live in Castleford and bought mine fron Chequered flag in Leeds can recommend them, even if its for a look... if you want any other info on other dealers give me a pm and i'll let you know what my personal opinoin of them is
          if a politition is talking its lying

Comment

Yeah I'd go along with Firefly I got mine at Chequered Flag only got it Friday but happy so far

Comment

Hi Leodis
              which one did you end up getting mate 3.0L or 2.4, need to take mine back to Steve hopefully in a weeks time cos the rear window is very very slow and needs a good old clean, but confident Andy can sort it.
              Dave........
              if a politition is talking its lying

Comment

Hi Dave got the 3.0l few little niggles but Steve says he'll sort it out nothing major runs like a dream

Comment

Working...
                X