why are surfs so expensive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why are surfs so expensive

i know surfs are good 4x4's. i have a 3rd gen, but they are more expensive than the likes of a 5 series bmw of equivilant age, why is that they certainly aint built to bmw standards
    2nd Gen 3.0td, running on waste veg oil

Maybe, but surfs will go places where beemers would have given up on well before. Take X5,s off road and they come to a halt, not very far into the field.
    They might have the bells and whistles but take them off tarmac and they,re phucked.
    Its a bit like trying to get a thorough bred race horse to pull a plough.It would look nice in the harness but wouldnt manage 100 yards before it gave up.
    I've taken a vow of poverty To anoy me send money

Comment

a '96 N p[late just went on ebay for £2944 there yesterday. Loads of bids aswell. Most nice 3rd gens will fetch 3K I think

Comment

Originally posted by Surf_MoFo View Post
        ... why is that they certainly aint built to bmw standards...
        Your right, they arn't, they are far better.

They are cult vehicle, try buying a scabby old Beetle for actually what its really worth, or even a Hilux pickup after the Top Gear thing.
        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Tony got it spot on!!

With the way the market is at the moment anyway theres no clarity to anything! Values are all shot to sh!t.

Its pretty much down to what you would personally pay!!

As its been found out..im looking to get a Jaguar. On most of the models if i fancied the economical diesel model... Some people have the price marked up twice what the petrol model of the same year.

Comment

thanks for the replies chaps, i did not realise the cult staus of the surf kept prices up.

i was not comparing the bmw x5, what i should have said, and meant was that a P 96 bmw 5 series costing 28k new is well under £2000, yet 3rd gen surf prices are higher than than for a 4x4 that was not so expensive when new.

i know the vehicles are not similar but the bmw is meant to hold its price but the surfs are holding theirs better

Comment

moan the surfs

Comment

5 series bmw's dont hold their money well,compare it to a 3 series and you will see a big price diffrence too

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
                  5 series bmw's dont hold their money well,compare it to a 3 series and you will see a big price diffrence too
                  hmmmm, gimme a 5 series any day over a 3 series, i did not find a 3 series that special to drive, i have not tried any of the sport models but had a few near new loan car 3 series when my 5 series was in at the dealers getting work done, i was so glad to get my 5 series back.

Comment

The other reason is that the likes of bmws are way overproduced to enable them to keep their value.
                    have a look next time your out, you see a 3 series every 2 minutes, 316, 318, 325, saloons, coupes, hatches, they're everywhere.

Surfs as you know are also mass produced, however any in the UK will have been imported. So fewer about on the roads.

On the other hand this theory is full of holes.
                    I have a Peugeot 607, great looking car, not many about. £22K new in 2001, now its worthless. Thats because its a bag of spanners.

So disregard all of the above

Out
                    私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
                      Tony got it spot on!!

With the way the market is at the moment anyway theres no clarity to anything! Values are all shot to sh!t.

Its pretty much down to what you would personally pay!!

As its been found out..im looking to get a Jaguar. On most of the models if i fancied the economical diesel model... Some people have the price marked up twice what the petrol model of the same year.
                      HEY tony's got a Groupie this is the second thread i read where Rodders is biggin up the Doctor
                      Enjoying Life after Cancer
                      Pops

Comment

Originally posted by pops View Post
                        HEY tony's got a Groupie this is the second thread i read where Rodders is biggin up the Doctor
                        Thats what I thought as well.

Creeper (hes probably after something)
                        私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Originally posted by blackpoolsparks View Post
                          Thats what I thought as well.

Creeper (hes probably after something)
                          sounds like he has the hots for him
                          Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

he's just trying to find someone who might be able look at a jag for him without mentioning the word 'mondeo'
                            =========
                            =SOLD UP!=
                            =========

Comment

QUOTE=nero279;529519]he's just trying to find someone who might be able look at a jag for him without mentioning the word 'mondeo' [/QUOTE]
                              Enjoying Life after Cancer
                              Pops

Comment

Working...
                              X