Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @Popeye

Any good?

Looks good but i'm no expert, what did your lady say about em? or more to the point what sort of figure have you got in mind?
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
      Looks good but i'm no expert, what did your lady say about em? or more to the point what sort of figure have you got in mind?
      She was sick so said nothing. I don't think the picture's worth a huge amount. Call it a tenner plus whatever it costs me to pack it up and post it if you want it.

Comment

hmmmmmmmmm good picture yarrrrrrrrrrrrrr D

Comment

Hope your not annoy'd with me mate but i think i'll give it a miss, there are three reasons really which has nowt to do with what your asking for it, very reasonable in fact and possiblely the picture's not comeing through as it might do "in the flesh" even after resizeing it up to your original, and these points would annoy me with it on my wall, first, (and do you or anyone else think so) the ship on the right (stern on to ya) looks like a cut out stuck on there, there's no "wash" around her, second the sea/sky colour dose'nt look right, (especially if the battle was in the waters in this hemisphere, third the red bits i take it are flame, again dose'nt look right, reds too vivid,
          please dont take offence at what i've said Sancho but these things would annoy the f##k out of me if i had to look at it everyday, really hope you make some money out of the rest tho and this might be just my view of this pic,

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
            Hope your not annoy'd with me mate but i think i'll give it a miss, there are three reasons really which has nowt to do with what your asking for it, very reasonable in fact and possiblely the picture's not comeing through as it might do "in the flesh" even after resizeing it up to your original, and these points would annoy me with it on my wall, first, (and do you or anyone else think so) the ship on the right (stern on to ya) looks like a cut out stuck on there, there's no "wash" around her, second the sea/sky colour dose'nt look right, (especially if the battle was in the waters in this hemisphere, third the red bits i take it are flame, again dose'nt look right, reds too vivid,
            please dont take offence at what i've said Sancho but these things would annoy the f##k out of me if i had to look at it everyday, really hope you make some money out of the rest tho and this might be just my view of this pic,
            Not offended at all Ian. That's just the only 'maritime' one in the pile. It is a bit weird.....

I'll put it back in the yellow Reliant Regal.

Comment

Incidentally, the colours are much fuller in real life. The sea is green and the sky is turquoise. According to the inscription, it's HMS Buckingham having a battle with the Floryant, L'Egrette and L'Atalante just of St Eustatia (which is in the Carribean).

It's a 'version' of this:

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
                Incidentally, the colours are much fuller in real life. The sea is green and the sky is turquoise. According to the inscription, it's HMS Buckingham having a battle with the Floryant, L'Egrette and L'Atalante just of St Eustatia (which is in the Carribean).

It's a 'version' of this:

Ahh now thats more like it, i take it yours is a copy of that one? sea colour's not to bad then for the carribean, perhaps missing white caps

Comment

I think the phrase is 'after' that one. Looks like it might be painted on glass?

Anyway, the original is by Richard Paton, if that means anything to you.

Comment

Afraid it does'nt, but i'm not at all well up on painters, at least it's not by arthur daileys "copier" or it'd have a neuclear sub surfaceing in the forground
                    the colours are certainly vivid on your tho, thought perhaps it was just the way the camera caught it but if as you say it's brighter in real life well ya'd need sunglasses to view it,

Comment

Working...
                    X