Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gaspode View Post
    Then the deer dies...

killing something is no fun anyway, but having it go to waste is criminal!
    I hit a dear once, but didn't let it go to waste. Got her handbag, bit of cash from her purse and a nice zimmer frame to stick on ebay.

Oh, a deer? Never mind.
    Andy
    http://www.surfingafrica.net

Comment

I dunno about you chaps but when one of my rear ARBs broke I could tell the difference straight away.

Cornering didn't feel safe at all; left handers the truck felt planted, right handers it felt like it was going over even at low speed.

Comment

Originally posted by jmc View Post
        I dunno about you chaps but when one of my rear ARBs broke I could tell the difference straight away.

Cornering didn't feel safe at all; left handers the truck felt planted, right handers it felt like it was going over even at low speed.
        What you describe is nothing to do with your ARB, an ARB needs both sides connected before it will work. If one side is disconnected, it will not work at all, no mater what way you are cornering. There's something else wrong with your truck that the ARB has been masking.
        Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
          What you describe is nothing to do with your ARB, an ARB needs both sides connected before it will work. If one side is disconnected, it will not work at all, no mater what way you are cornering. There's something else wrong with your truck that the ARB has been masking.
          Well I took it to Stimpy30's garage, summat to do with the ARB was broken, got replaced and all was sturdy again!

Comment

Originally posted by jmc View Post
            Well I took it to Stimpy30's garage, summat to do with the ARB was broken, got replaced and all was sturdy again!
            I don't doubt that, but "There's something else wrong with your truck that the ARB has been masking."

Think about what an ARB does and how it does it, then you'll understand that it cannot cause what you describe.

Comment

Mine always feels worse on left hand bends. Might be because of the weight of the fat tw@t sitting behind the steering wheel
              Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

all im saying on the subject is that arb's are fitted for a reason by toyota,take off at your own will

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
                  all im saying on the subject is that arb's are fitted for a reason by toyota,take off at your own will
                  I did take mine off at my own will, nobody forced me into it!

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
                    By the way, I think you mean peril.

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                      By the way, I think you mean peril.
                      yep yr prob right lol

Comment

Yoshie forced me to take mine off, bad man him How the feck did this thread get so long winded over a recall notice, especialy when my arb's werent even mentioned

Comment

Originally posted by Cant Get Right View Post
                          Yoshie forced me to take mine off, bad man him How the feck did this thread get so long winded over a recall notice, especialy when my arb's werent even mentioned
                          Wishbone mentioned something about us that have removed ours, kind of went on from there.

Comment

its down to choise init

and what if a deer runs out on you at 50mph
                            am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Yep sorry that was my fault - just mentioned that the LR incident made me think about the roll bar removal topic.... As the guy afaik was trying to overtake and had to swerve to avoid oncoming traffic (his fault I know) and the mods on his truck didn't like that swerve..

I've done a search and a lot of people here do say that the front arb makes a difference so apologies for saying that 'everyone' said it makes no difference.

oh, it was late too

Rob.

Comment

Originally posted by JUDWAK View Post
                                and what if a deer runs out on you at 50mph
                                you'd still hit it but you'd be leaning over a bit further when you did...

...You'd probably shit a brick but on the plus side there'd be a weeks worth of venison stuck to the front of your car. We all know these cars ain't gonna fare well in the elk test, would they actually be any worse without ARBs? I think a lot of people would be surprised. I'm willing to be proved wrong.
                                =========
                                =SOLD UP!=
                                =========

Comment

Working...
                                X