Memory Map On A PDA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memory Map On A PDA

I've bought myself a Dell Axim X51 PDA with all the sat nav and GPS accessories inluded (Tomtom 6 and IGO 8). I was hoping to install my copy of Memory Map, but my version isn't compatible with Windows Mobile 5 (a real pizzer).

I've since read that the mobile version should be on the same disk as the Windows 2000 and XP version but I'm bu**ered if I can find it! (Most likely because I aquired the Memory Map cd from dubious sources).

I've now decided that I wouldn't mind paying for a real McCoy version, but I can't find a price. The Memory Map site only quotes prices for maps. Would I be right in assuming that the program to run the map is included on the map cd or am I totally deluded?

Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

You have a pm
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Hey Trev, thanks for the advice mate. As I said I'll have another attempt tomorrow and also have a word with the I.T. guys at work. If I can't get it up and running you may have a stalker!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
        If I can't get it up and running you may have a stalker!!!!
        Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

this may help http://www.memory-map.com/index.html...load_mmnav.htm and this may answer you questions http://www.memory-map.co.uk/faqs.htm

Comment

Cheers Neil, will have a look when I get home tonight. Can't spend too much time on the firms computer, big brother is watching!

Comment

It's easy, use an SD card for speed of dowload, load it on the PC then the 3rd menu across has the mobile settings, it downloads a little program and then you have to select the map data and convert that as well, be careful some PDA's can't handle large map area's.
              Nissan Patrol for on-road, and a Land-Rover 110 shed for off-road :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Smego2 View Post
                It's easy, use an SD card for speed of dowload, load it on the PC then the 3rd menu across has the mobile settings, it downloads a little program and then you have to select the map data and convert that as well, be careful some PDA's can't handle large map area's.
                Already done everything you just listed mate. Unfortunately the damn thing still won't work! Going to have another bash this evening.

Comment

Sorted! Everything up and running including the GPS. It appears that the version of Memory Map, that I had on the desktop computer, was missing a few files that were needed for the mobile version.

Once again thanks to Trev and everyone else who offered advice.

Comment

Working...
                  X