Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance... Again but positive

Hi Guys,

thanks to a tip off a few weeks ago from "The Hornet" I got my insurance through SureTerm.

3 Years NC and FC quote of £310, which is half of what our friend Mr Flux asked for.

Received a letter from them this morning asking for a declaration for an immobilser and that if I could not provide the info, theft coverage would be removed from my policy.

I have just got off the phone from them only to be told (this might be of interest to some people) that an immobiliser is not required on my Surf and that my theft cover would continue as agreed. I am over the moon.

Hornet, thanks for the tip and I hope the immobiliser info is of use to anyone else trying to find cheaper insurance.

Pete

i can confirm that information i get my insurance from groupama via a-plan thatcham and they said exactly the same thing re the immoberliser! mine has a toad alarm system fitted obviously an after market one, but i had to have a class 1 fitted to the soarer before they would insure it that is an all singing cobra system.

Comment

Flux grtn to beat your best quote, might be worth a call back
      Brian

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
        Flux grtn to beat your best quote, might be worth a call back
        They may quote that but they don't do it, hence for the past 3 years I've been with Group Ama through A Plan.

Flux won't match the quote.
        Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Maverick, I can also agree with that. They said they just couldnt even get close to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick View Post
            They may quote that but they don't do it, hence for the past 3 years I've been with Group Ama through A Plan.

Flux won't match the quote.
            Do you have any declared mods? Does this company insure you when you're off road?
            Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
              Do you have any declared mods? Does this company insure you when you're off road?
              When it comes to insurance companies I even declare what side of the bed I sleep on. They also know that due to some very bad workmanship from supposedly 5 year trained mechanics, I do almost all my own maintanance (if I can not do it I beg Tony). They also know and clear me for any BOAT driving.

Flux are terrible the year I was with them they got everything wrong, and that was the only reason it was cheap (I'd check your policy details if I was you). With the correct details they are the most expensive of the three companies that are prepared to quote me every year. I can say every year because I've been doing this for a while now.
              Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick View Post
                When it comes to insurance companies I even declare what side of the bed I sleep on. They also know that due to some very bad workmanship from supposedly 5 year trained mechanics, I do almost all my own maintanance (if I can not do it I beg Tony). They also know and clear me for any BOAT driving.

Flux are terrible the year I was with them they got everything wrong, and that was the only reason it was cheap (I'd check your policy details if I was you). With the correct details they are the most expensive of the three companies that are prepared to quote me every year. I can say every year because I've been doing this for a while now.
                I didn't realise you had to declare that you did your own work, I've never been asked. Who is the third company tou get quotes from?

What's BOAT driving?

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                  What's BOAT driving?

(or Byway Open to All Traffic - green lanes)
                  Andy
                  http://www.surfingafrica.net

Comment

Originally posted by adpsimpson View Post

(or Byway Open to All Traffic - green lanes)

Thanks for that. We don't have them up here, guess that's why I'd not heard of them.

Comment

Don't seem to have them over here (NI) either. Hadn't realised how good the land access laws in Scotland are till I left... in NI, if you go on someone's land, you'll probably get shot at.
                      Andy
                      http://www.surfingafrica.net

Comment

Originally posted by soramad View Post
                        i can confirm that information i get my insurance from groupama via a-plan thatcham and they said exactly the same thing re the immoberliser! mine has a toad alarm system fitted obviously an after market one, but i had to have a class 1 fitted to the soarer before they would insure it that is an all singing cobra system.
                        Im with "GROUPAMA" & they wanted to see written proof of my alarm & imobilizer, "toad" also.
                        If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Pah!

Just received renewal from Sure Term.... £546, gone up £160 from last year!
                          Damian

http://www.themudlife.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                          X