Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boiler

Howzit!
    Anybody know anything about electric water heaters? Mine's packed up, I'm in rented accom, the landlord is in Ghana and I can't find any sort of control box!

Unit is a Santon pp170e.
    @africa4x4cafe
    [url]www.africa4x4cafe.com[/url]

dont know if they're any use as they're pay for services

http://www.gotoplumbing.co.uk/findam...146&accid=1375

http://www.themanualslibrary.co.uk/

and sure you've found this, but http://www.santon.co.uk/santon/santon.nsf

Comment

Thanks - got the santon link and I'll take a look at the others.
      @africa4x4cafe

Comment

Originally posted by bundubasher View Post
        Thanks - got the santon link and I'll take a look at the others.
        That Santon link has downloadable installation info, so should have everything you need. I assume the PP refers to Premier Plus in that products list.

p.s: How are things keeping. btw. All good I hope?

Comment

OK - got the pdf, just can't find either a direct or indirect programming box. It is nowhere to be found! OK will keep trying however I was just hoping that someone familiar with this system was on the board today. Thanks anyway.
          @africa4x4cafe

Comment

Check back later on, there are a couple of Plumbers on here.
            Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Cheers!
              @africa4x4cafe

Comment

170e is the direct model. The controls will be behind the grey plastic cover towards the bottom of the cylinder towards the middle.

Assuming it's got power, though, about the only thing that could go wrong with it is the element's goosed.

Is it putting out cold water or nothing at all? If the former, I'm blaming the element, if nothing at all, check the pump (about two thirds of the way up,probably says Grundfos on it) isn't stuck, particularly if you haven't used it for a few days.

By the way, I am certainly not a plumber, but I have a 'components library' next to me and am looking at the pictures. Shiny isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
                  170e is the direct model...
                  I could have told him that (possibly more), but don't want to get into trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                    I could have told him that (possibly more), but don't want to get into trouble.
                    Don't be such a martyr.

Were you going to say it's 170 litres?

Comment

My unit is stuck in a cupboard and I don't have access to it all the way round. Even the side with the thermostats is only just accessible and there is no grey plastic panel near the middle accessible to me.
                      @africa4x4cafe

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
                        Don't be such a martyr.

Were you going to say it's 170 litres?
                        Saying nothing

I'm not getting involved in technical infighting or the giving of advice on any subject I'm not converse with, or any subject that any forum member assumes they know more about than me. It's not worth the grief.

Comment

Originally posted by bundubasher View Post
                          My unit is stuck in a cupboard and I don't have access to it all the way round. Even the side with the thermostats is only just accessible and there is no grey plastic panel near the middle accessible to me.
                          If I say it quietly, maybe nobody will notice...

If you can't see it, the grey box is on the same side as the thermostat, just a bit further round.

Comment

I've got the installation schematic in front of me and comparing that to what I've got it seems they've installed the cylinder back to front and only the back of the cylinder presents itself to you when you open the cupboard. Both stats and the are around the back-left hand side of the unit and I cannot get into the back rhs - looks like that is where it's hidden.
                            @africa4x4cafe

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                              I'm not getting involved in technical infighting or the giving of advice on any subject I'm not converse with, or any subject that any forum member assumes they know more about than me. It's not worth the grief.
                              C'mon, let's do ten minutes of town planning and social housing finance. I'll take you to the cleaners.

Comment

Working...
                              X