No announcement yet.

power steering leak...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Power steering pump is a doddle to get off a 3.0TD, and a doddle to fit new seals to, the seal kit is a doddle to get from roughtrax.

Its very common, they normally leak from the back of the pump body. I've done loaaaaaaaadssssss.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Doddle!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
        Power steering pump is a doddle to get off a 3.0TD, and a doddle to fit new seals to, the seal kit is a doddle to get from roughtrax.

Its very common, they normally leak from the back of the pump body. I've done loaaaaaaaadssssss.

u dont think it would be anything else?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
          Doddle!
          You think that's what Tony is trying to say?

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
            u dont think it would be anything else?
            Honestly, it'll be the first in 3 years of working on 3.0 Surfs. If someone had it off in the past and not replaced the copper washers round the banjo fitting then it could be that.

I've changed about 2 steering boxes, on old 2.4's, but they arn't that prone, been easier to get a used one that dosn't leak, as the pitman arm is a PITA to get off without cutting it without truck sized tools.

they are opposite side of the truck, so your know what one is leaking.
            4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
              Honestly, it'll be the first in 3 years of working on 3.0 Surfs. If someone had it off in the past and not replaced the copper washers round the banjo fitting then it could be that.

I've changed about 2 steering boxes, on old 2.4's, but they arn't that prone, been easier to get a used one that dosn't leak, as the pitman arm is a PITA to get off without cutting it without truck sized tools.

they are opposite side of the truck, so your know what one is leaking.
              ok cheers tony,ill have a good look tomorow,so if its the pump,then seal kit,if its the box then get 2nd hand?which side is pump?offside?

Comment

the pump is lower n/s of the block
                https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
                  the pump is lower n/s of the block
                  ahh ty,and if its that i need this?
                  http://www.roughtrax4x4.com/?doc=16&cid=157&vid=1093

Comment

thats the one
                    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
                      thats the one
                      cheers big boy,just noticed the idler bushes,i think ill get those too

Comment

Working...
                      X