4x4's pulling cars outta snow what you think they will say now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4x4's pulling cars outta snow what you think they will say now

seen on the news a few 4x4's pulling cars out of trouble etc bet we will still get a bad name so what comments you think they will come out with?...

well it was like this the snow came down & i got stuck along came this 4x4 & pulled me outta trouble but i slid into the back of the 4x4 when he was towing me out n now got a bill for a new front bumper/grill i blame the 4x4 for helping

Yep theres been plenty of instances of the people being recovered taking the 4x4 owners to court for any damages incurred in a recovery even when they asked for help and it was none of the 4x4 owners fault

Comment

I towed a lady and her young daughter up an icy hill in Welwyn Garden City this morning, she was very grateful.
      However, whilst I was assisting said damsel in distress a clever beamer driver decided he would go round us and promptly got stuck spinning his wheels in front of oncoming traffic!
      I went back for him afterwards but he had gunned his clutch so hard the heat had melted the ice. I think he was just embarassed!
      Loving the surf in these conditions... who's laughing now huh?
      http://www.europeansurfrowers.com/

Comment

Done my bit this morning towed a "posh snob" in a mazda sporty, (he was a very happy chappy n V grateful afterwards tho) up the hill outside ours this morning as he was causing Artics (3) to cause even more Chaos n congestion !!!
        Then the Council woke up, came out n cleared the road with a Big Bucket Scraper ....

There's always a Payback .... It always takes longer than five minutes !!!!
        Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by boingboing View Post
          I know, Monday was great. Everyone smiled as I drove past, kids waved, sone people asked for lifts up the icy road and everyone I recovered was really happy and thankful.

Lets hope they remember when it all thaws out....

Comment

I think we may get a few positive comments but you can bet once the snow has all gone it will be business as usual.

Back to the, 4x4's are killing the planet & destroying the countryside.
            If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

personally I dont give a monkeys what people say, they can kiss my chuddy if they dont like it, if I could afford it I would drive a Bowler Wildcat everywhere and damn their eyes!!!

----

Comment

Originally posted by si tate View Post
                Back to the, 4x4's are killing the planet & destroying the countryside.
                .....and causing Global Warming!

Comment

Originally posted by boingboing View Post
                  I towed a lady and her young daughter up an icy hill in Welwyn Garden City this morning, she was very grateful.
                  However, whilst I was assisting said damsel in distress a clever beamer driver decided he would go round us and promptly got stuck spinning his wheels in front of oncoming traffic!
                  I went back for him afterwards but he had gunned his clutch so hard the heat had melted the ice. I think he was just embarassed!
                  I bet you were having fun up knightsfield
                  Im not a gynacologist but ill have a look

Comment

Look what i found

Found this on Dartmoor

Do I get my badge for pulling it back onto the road
                    My other cars a QUAD
                    (sv1000spilot on surf forums)
                    http://www.devonandcornwall4x4response.co.uk/index

Comment

Originally posted by sv1000spilot View Post
                      Found this on Dartmoor

Do I get my badge for pulling it back onto the road
                      No, categorically not, you should have dragged it AWAY from the road

There's us trying to loose the damn things and YOU rescue one - tut tut

Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev View Post
                        No, categorically not, you should have dragged it AWAY from the road

There's us trying to loose the damn things and YOU rescue one - tut tut

Ahh.

But I work with the driver

And he asked me NOT to post pics or tell anyone
                        My other cars a QUAD
                        (sv1000spilot on surf forums)
                        http://www.devonandcornwall4x4response.co.uk/index

Comment

Originally posted by sv1000spilot View Post
                          Ahh.

But I work with the driver

And he asked me NOT to post pics or tell anyone
                          And ?

I guess the questions are:

How much has he paid you ?
                          or
                          What have you done to deserve the blackmail ?
                          Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA brilliant! what a top photo i have been looking out for this! he's gonna get it at work next time i see him!!
                            it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

Comment

Went to Roughtor on Bodmin moor. When we came to leave there was an morning Astra blocking the road we tried to tow it using a martial arts belt but it broke (we had no tow rope)!!!

I then decided to hit the drift next to it and plough past unfortunately after 6ft of ploughing in 2ft of snow I could get no further. A landy then came with a winch and pulled me the last 1ft!! It then got stuck so we pulled it and the astra out!!!! Proved very amusing!

Comment

Working...
                              X