oil change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil change

Looking to do some basic maint on a SSR X ive just bought can any one assist me in the following:

What spec of oil should I use?
    How much does a 2.4 take?
    Where is the drain plug?
    How hard is a thermostat to fit?
    How much and what type of coolant should I use?

Regards

Tim

[QUOTE=Tim]Looking to do some basic maint on a SSR X ive just bought can any one assist me in the following:

What spec of oil should I use?
    any diesel oil is ok, regular oil change is more important

How much does a 2.4 take?
    around 7 litres

Where is the drain plug?
    drain plug is on the sump, oil filter is accessed through the front wheel arch, drivers side, take off the wheel and you will see the panel that comes off

How hard is a thermostat to fit?
    thermostat is easy to change, get a genuine toyota one

How much and what type of coolant should I use?
    not sure of the top of my head how much it holds, around 33% to 50% coolant/antifreeze is ok, bluecol is good, remember to get rid of the airlock after you have refilled it,
    burping the cooling system can be found on the main site under technical
    [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
    [size=5][/size]
    [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

Oil Change

Ian

Thanks very much for the advice, Ive ordered a thermostat from milner offroad, is this likely to be a Toyota part?

Tim

Comment

Originally posted by Tim
        Ian

Thanks very much for the advice, Ive ordered a thermostat from milner offroad, is this likely to be a Toyota part?

Tim
        milners service items are not genuine toyota, if you have already orderd it i would use it
        [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
        [size=5][/size]
        [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

Working...
        X