Clarkson in trouble again......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
    I dream of a day when Land of Hope and Glory is the English national athem, when the St George Cross is the flag, and when I need a passport to enter.
    As if we'd let you in.

Comment

Funny is it not that as the world metaphorically " shrinks" the human race seems to look further and further inward. Witness the break up of the former Yugoslavia, the Soviet Union, and the countless other separatist movements going on around the world. I think I will be sorry to see the break up of the Union, but its probably inevitable at some point. I wonder what happens then ? In scotland will we see Highland separatists, will we see everyone wanting to offload from the "central belt", After that will all the former counties be looking to shake off the shackles of central government. How long before we get to some prehistoric point before anything outside your street or village becomes irrelevant to you.?????

Bogus
      Сви можемо

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
        You've never worked for a local authority then. All councillors score on all three points in my experience.
        Yup and nope. As I mentioned, I've not met a truly stupid one yet. They are shrewd enough to get where the money and local power is at. That's not stupidity. They could be classed as churlish, however.

Comment

Originally posted by Bogus View Post
          Funny is it not that as the world metaphorically " shrinks" the human race seems to look further and further inward. Witness the break up of the former Yugoslavia, the Soviet Union, and the countless other separatist movements going on around the world. I think I will be sorry to see the break up of the Union, but its probably inevitable at some point. I wonder what happens then ? In scotland will we see Highland separatists, will we see everyone wanting to offload from the "central belt", After that will all the former counties be looking to shake off the shackles of central government. How long before we get to some prehistoric point before anything outside your street or village becomes irrelevant to you.?????

Bogus
          Correct
          We as a 21st century society, (in general) seem to be increasingly focussing on our rights as individuals, with disregard to our wider membership of a larger society. This can even include our membership within small groups, our family for instance.

Ones desire to obtain individual freedom or pleasure can often be at the cost of ones family members.

Its all about "self" and our so called God given or inaliable rights.

I wish I could live long enough to see the consiquences of this current , and I must say, western 1st world, social collapse.

I recon it wouldnt be too dissimilar to a "Mad Max" society.
          私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Originally posted by blackpoolsparks View Post
            Correct
            We as a 21st century society, (in general) seem to be increasingly focussing on our rights as individuals, with disregard to our wider membership of a larger society. This can even include our membership within small groups, our family for instance.

Ones desire to obtain individual freedom or pleasure can often be at the cost of ones family members.

Its all about "self" and our so called God given or inaliable rights.

I wish I could live long enough to see the consiquences of this current , and I must say, western 1st world, social collapse.

I recon it wouldnt be too dissimilar to a "Mad Max" society.
            Cool cars all round then
            Brian

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
              Cool cars all round then
              With no fuel.

Comment

Working...
              X