X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
    Well, actually:

http://www.englishdemocrats.org.uk/

Unfortunately, it'll probably be hijacked by the far-right and the ignorant at some point.
    7 years old! Well there you go, sorry about that. They're not very active though? Or are they and it's just that we don't hear about them?

Just noticed, see the wee media clip on the right of their home page? That's the Falkirk wheel, I pass it every day on my way to and from work...
    Last edited by Albannach; 6 February 2009, 15:39.
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
      7 years old! Well there you go, sorry about that. They're not very active though? Or are they and it's just that we don't hear about them?
      They're not very well known and, unfortunately, English Nationalism is generally associated with British Nationalism so most people look at the name and assume it's just another mini BNP.

I don't know much about them, and it'spossible that they are the far right in disguise, but I don't think so.

Comment

They're not very well known and, unfortunately, English Nationalism is generally associated with British Nationalism so most people look at the name and assume it's just another mini BNP.

I don't know much about them, and it'spossible that they are the far right in disguise, but I don't think so.
        Had a quick look at a few things on their site. They come accross as being Anti-Scots rather than Pro-English, bad use of mathematics, selective use of facts and not a clue about Finance.

Maybe best not to put that particular party up as your saviours...

Comment

We're doing well with this, the tread is pretty long and still on topic(ish)!

Comment

bad use of mathematics, selective use of facts and not a clue about Finance.
            Did you click on the Labour site by accident?

It's hard to know what they stand for really. They've shared a platform with the SNP before so I don't think they're rabidly anti-Scottish, but a lot of English people do have a bit of a chip on their shoulder about having a Scottish PM.

It doesn't really help their cause that the link to the Daily Mail in their 'news' section, particularly as the article they've linked to is so deeply stupid that it's actually made me angry.

Comment

Clarkson has issued an apology. He said he spoke 'in the heat of the moment' and regrets referring to Browns appearance.
              it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt View Post
                Clarkson has issued an apology. He said he spoke 'in the heat of the moment' and regrets referring to Browns appearance.
                Hehehe!! I just heard that too.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt View Post
                  But not for calling him an idiot. Fair enough.

I just read it on the BBC. I like this quote the best:

'But the Royal National Institute for Blind People called the comment was offensive.

"Any suggestion that equates disability with incompetence is totally unacceptable" said chief executive Lesley-Anne Alexander'

I think that's called 'projecting'. When did anyone say that being blind in one eye is the reason he's an idiot?
                  Last edited by Sancho; 6 February 2009, 16:17.

Comment

But not for calling him and idiot. Fair enough.

'But the Royal National Institute for Blind People called the comment was offensive.

"Any suggestion that equates disability with incompetence is totally unacceptable" said chief executive Lesley-Anne Alexander'

I think that's called 'projecting'. When did anyone say that being blind in one eye is the reason he's an idiot?
                    Very true.

I'm surprised, I've worked with them in the past and they normally seem very focussed.

Comment

Talking about projecting, it just so happens that I know Lesley-Anne Alexander and worked with her for a couple of years. I think she's an idiot too, so I guess I may be looking at it from a skewed perspective....

Comment

But not for calling him and idiot. Fair enough.

But equating it to being Scottish is ok by default then?

Ah well, now where did I put my chip?...

Comment

Talking about projecting, it just so happens that I know Lesley-Anne Alexander and worked with her for a couple of years. I think she's an idiot too, so I guess I may be looking at it from a skewed perspective....
                          did you not see eye to eye?

Comment

But equating it to being Scottish is ok by default then?

Ah well, now where did I put my chip?...
                            I think by calling him a Scottish idiot, he is just differentiating between most Scots who obviously are not idiots, and Brown and Salmond. Now he has withdrawn the one eyed reference confusion could creep in ...

That or Clarkson intended all of this from the outset, and is just being 'puckish'
                            it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Why not? You're English, I'm Scottish, what's wrong with saying so?

).
                              Not strictly... I am ¼ Scott with a bit of Romany Gypsy thrown into the mix

I guess I pick and choose a bit... I would normally refer to myself as English rather than British but I would much rather associate myself with the Union (Jack) flag than the St George Cross flag which I fear has been cheapened by its connection with the dreadful game of football.
                              Last edited by PDR; 6 February 2009, 17:09.
                              Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

I dream of a day when Land of Hope and Glory is the English national athem, when the St George Cross is the flag, and when I need a passport to enter.
                                Brian

Comment

Working...
                                X