No announcement yet.

Clarkson in trouble again......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Being arrogant and as bent as a nine bob note are extremely different things to stupid. I would accuse no politician of being stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
      Being arrogant and as bent as a nine bob note are extremely different things to stupid. I would accuse no politician of being stupid.
      You've never worked for a local authority then. All councillors score on all three points in my experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
        Now I'm really confused! Do you mean MSP or MP? In the report Vince posted, there was one of each commenting, not a couple of either.
        I've bought this on myself, mentioning semantics, haven't I? There have been comments elsewhere in the media, from others, either members of the Scottish parliament, Scottish members of parliament, Scots and people with less than perfect vision.

For the record, I would have used the word Mountebank rather than idiot....
        it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Now I'm really confused! Do you mean MSP or MP? In the report Vince posted, there was one of each commenting, not a couple of either.
          !TROLL ALERT!

Who cares? They're just pretend politicians up being kept busy in the principalities to stop them drinking.

Sorry, Andy, I just felt the need to provoke someone, but hope I have conteracted it through admitting to it....

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt View Post
            I've bought this on myself, mentioning semantics, haven't I?
            Pretty much

Originally posted by Chillitt View Post
            There have been comments elsewhere in the media, from others, either members of the Scottish parliament, Scottish members of parliament, Scots and people with less than perfect vision.

For the record, I would have used the word Mountebank rather than idiot....
            I don't think the Scots will stick up for him more than anyone else in the UK. It just looks better to quote Scotsmen in these cases where the media is trying to incite a wee bit of Scottish/English friction by putting the emphasis on the factual 'Scots' part rather than the 'subjective' idiot part.

Personally, I don't think he's an idiot, he wouldn't be where he is if he was. But I don't like him; not because of who he is, but because of what he said in America a few weeks back.
            Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
              !TROLL ALERT!

Who cares? They're just pretend politicians up being kept busy in the principalities to stop them drinking.

Sorry, Andy, I just felt the need to provoke someone, but hope I have conteracted it through admitting to it....
              If my bobble falls out through the night, I can look like a Troll when I get up in the morning...

Comment

There weren't many Scots sticking up for him at the last few Scottish by elections...
                it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

This is the best definition of idiot I could find. I can think of a few examples on this very forum:

"A person of profound mental retardation having a mental age below three years and generally being unable to learn connected speech or guard against common dangers. The term belongs to a classification system no longer in use and is now considered offensive."

In fairness, it probably doesn't apply to laughing Gordon though.
                  Love it However, it probably doesn't apply to Gordon - words like cunning, devious, sly, two faced, arrogant, condescending etc,etc come to mind

Cheers, Nick
                  "The force will be with you, always!"

Comment

MP = Member of Parliament
                    SMP = Scottish Member of Parliament

errr so why don't we have:
                    EMP = English Member of Parliament
                    WMP = Welsh Member of Parliament
                    IMP = Irish Member of Parliament

Oh, I forgot referring to one’s self as English is non PC
                    Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

Originally posted by PDR View Post
                      MP = Member of Parliament
                      SMP = Scottish Member of Parliament

errr so why don't we have:
                      EMP = English Member of Parliament
                      WMP = Welsh Member of Parliament
                      IMP = Irish Member of Parliament

Not SMP, MSP. Member of the Scottish Parliament, which is different to the UK parliament, hence the S.

We also have AM, which is Assembly Member (Wales) and MLA which is Member of the Legislative Assembly (Northern Ireland).

Ireland is not part of Britain and has its own entirely independent administration.

England is the only part of the UK that doesn't have its own legislature, hence there not being any EMPs.
                      Last edited by Sancho; 6 February 2009, 15:19.

Comment

Well, he's got one eye, he's Scottish and he's an idiot, so that seems a fair comment.

Incidentally, I remember Kevin Rudd from my time in Oz and what Clarkson says is right, he's the only politician I've ever seen that just tells the truth.
                        He must be the 8th wonder of the world ! A politician who tells the truth The rest couldnt if thier lives depended on it.
                        If a politician told me today,s Friday I would check a calendar immediately

Brummie

I've taken a vow of poverty To anoy me send money

Comment

Originally posted by PDR View Post
                          Why not? You're English, I'm Scottish, what's wrong with saying so?

On a slightly different note, It's when folk say England or English when they really mean Britain or Brittish that I despise. That is only said by non Scots or Welsh (Missed out Northern Ireland as it's part of the UK, not Britain, but they will not refer to Britain or the UK as England either).

Comment

Why not? You're English, I'm Scottish, what's wrong with saying so?

On a slightly different note, It's when folk say England or English when they really mean Britain or Brittish that I despise. That is only said by non Scots or Welsh (Missed out Northern Ireland as it's part of the UK, not Britain, but they will not refer to Britain or the UK as England either).
                            I would like to think that it is also only non-English people that refer to the UK as England, but I may be wrong.

As an Englishman, it annoys me equally to be mis-classified.

As I've said before, I would like to see an English Parliament established, then a referendum on whether to dissolve the union.

Comment

I would like to think that it is also only non-English people that refer to the UK as England, but I may be wrong.
                              To be honest mate the English are the 2nd worst for it, after the Americans. I/We probably notice it more because it annoys me/us the worst!

You may not notice it because it's your country they mention, but if you pay closer attention and look at it in context (rather than the actual word), a lot of the time they actually mean Britain or the UK.

To get a referendum, you really need an English National Party, you're the only one of the 4 that doesn't have a home party.

Comment

To get a referendum, you really need an English National Party, you're the only one of the 4 that doesn't have a home party.
                                Well, actually:

http://www.englishdemocrats.org.uk/

Unfortunately, it'll probably be hijacked by the far-right and the ignorant at some point.

Comment

Working...
                                X