Quick one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick one

Radio appears to not get good reception anymore. Sometimes OK but is picking up interference alot. Aerial works OK and sterio about 2 years old. Do you think its connection at aerial or by sterio or is it inside sterio?
    Thanks Philip
    Still Searching,
    Dick Whittington

Could be a buggered aerial or the plug has poped out of the back of the stereo, if not it will be new unit time.
    If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

id go easy option first,check where yr aerial plugs into head unit,may have come loose,if it has gently with a small flat head screw driver fan out the aerial connection(not on the stereo side tho obviously)

Comment

same problem on mine
        found corrossion on aerial mount on the underside of the wing causing aerial to make contact with body. needs to be insulated from the body to receive good signal. Rubber gasket insertd to insulate, job done.

you do however need to remove the wing (10 min job)

BTW - mines not the standard aerial its an aftermarket
        私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Originally posted by blackpoolsparks View Post
          same problem on mine
          found corrossion on aerial mount on the underside of the wing causing aerial to make contact with body. needs to be insulated from the body to receive good signal. Rubber gasket insertd to insulate, job done.

you do however need to remove the wing (10 min job)

BTW - mines not the standard aerial its an aftermarket
          wow didnt realise wing was that easy to get off

Comment

yea, a few bolts under the arch, a few behnd corner light, a few in door jam, 2 i think to bumper , maybe a few more and unplug your repeater. done
            私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

I snapped my electric areal in 2007. I took it apart to retrieve the broken end of the nylon mast and then fitted a replacement. I did not need to take off the wing.
              Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

mines the short rubber, walkie talkie style thingy. its got a large ball under the wing that can be adjusted to different angles to suit your vehicle, had to.
                私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Working...
                X