Light bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Light bar

Has anyone made a roof light bar for their truck. If so have they any pics they could post to show me how they have mounted the bar please. many thanx
    Surfin on the tidal waves of mud!

i mounted my bar and caught something that had to be sorted out at the clinic.

don't do it - it may seem like harmless fun, but it's just not worth the risk.
    i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

and i still haven't sorted that wiring out!
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by logey79 View Post
        and i still haven't sorted that wiring out!
        Ahh so thats only a roof bar, saves drilling holes, thats what was making me wonder, just where to drill them, Cheerz great help

Comment

it's practical too, just fold the lights down and you can put the roadkill on top the roof.

Comment

mine's similar to logey's, slightly smaller lights mounted to sections of aluminium angle that are screwed to the leading edge of the roof bar, the wiring runs through the centre of the bar, soo there's nothing to obstruct using the bars at all, and you can tie stuff down with straps under the centre of the bar without trapping/crushing the wires.

=========
            =SOLD UP!=
            =========

Comment

Originally posted by nero279 View Post
              mine's similar to logey's, slightly smaller lights mounted to sections of aluminium angle that are screwed to the leading edge of the roof bar, the wiring runs through the centre of the bar, soo there's nothing to obstruct using the bars at all, and you can tie stuff down with straps under the centre of the bar without trapping/crushing the wires.
              yer i think its definatly the way to go, you both even used matching bars.

Comment

Originally posted by YoungOffroader View Post
                yer i think its definatly the way to go, you both even used matching bars.
                slightly better than my first attempt - on the truck you had for a donor

self drilling screws straight through the roof skin
                =========
                =SOLD UP!=
                =========

Comment

Originally posted by nero279 View Post
                  slightly better than my first attempt - on the truck you had for a donor

self drilling screws straight through the roof skin
                  Ive still got alot of that truck in tesco green trays all cleaned and stored in a mates barn. After id stripped alot of it down some idiot thought it would be funny to set fire to it in my garden but luckily as it had no interior it didnt burn too well and i managed to put it out with the hosepipe, promptly weighed what was left in the next morning.

Comment

Made mine from bits of alloy and bar from B&Q, did'nt fancy a roof bar, as i wanted to polish it and alloy comes up nice and holds it's shine, some 10mm amber leds (marker lights) and four 3" s/s spoties,
                    go on drill the roof!! you know you want to
                    Attached Files
                    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
                      Made mine from bits of alloy and bar from B&Q, did'nt fancy a roof bar, as i wanted to polish it and alloy comes up nice and holds it's shine, some 10mm amber leds (marker lights) and four 3" s/s spoties,
                      go on drill the roof!! you know you want to
                      I must admit that is a very nice set up there, i did drill the roof on my old brava but there was no sunroof or aditional electrics i had to worry bout. Thats tempting me to drill the roof now, very tempting

Comment

sorry to hi-jack the thread, but what Thule bars did you use? Is there a part number?
                        Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

think this is the one.
                          http://www.thule.co.uk/appguide/your...=&tSP=&tLocks=

Comment

I got my light pod from a company called C.D.C. who were at Truckfest last May. Originally designed for lorries. Cost £49.99 with lights, just had to change the bulbs to 12v.
                            When using the normal roof bars it just clears the pod
                            Cheers
                            Paul
                            Attached Files

Comment

This is how I did mine ages ago. Dont be scared to drill the roof. If you do it properly, and use the right fittings, its not an issue.

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...f+lights+diary
                              Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Working...
                              X