X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its snowing again

Oh whoopy do its snowing and sticking in Brum
    I've taken a vow of poverty To anoy me send money

It snowed overnight down here. The council were obviously fast asleep as it looks like none of the roads around Cheltenham have been gritted, so lots of traffic crawing along most of the roads. Saw a bird in a Merc SLK do a lovely slid on one of the roundabouts. Lucky she caught it before ending up doing a 180 but I bet she was driving a lot more slowly after that.
    Mike G

Comment

Mike.

Where are you in Cheltenham, I'm over in Hatherley. Have you thought of joining Gloucestershire 4x4 Response?. We meet up at the Aviator on Staverton Airport 3rd Tuesday of the month.

http://www.gloucestershire4x4response.co.uk

Comment

Hi Lucky,

Your not too far from me then. I'm in Arle, not far off PE Way. Not too sure my Surf would be much help, as it's on road tyres, fairly standard other than a towbar and definitely not lifted, no winch etc, although I do have a set of snow chains (never used them though).

I tend to be out at least a couple of nights every week already, what with ping pong (home night Tuesdays & Wednesdays) and gun club (Tuesday & Thursdays), so not sure "the boss" would be too happy with me if I tried to add another regular night out to the list. In any event, Tuesdays are pretty well taken up winter & summer as when I'm not playing ping pong I'm out shooting holes in things. But if you get stuck any time and I'm around/available let me know. I'll PM you my phone number.
        Mike G

Comment

Originally posted by Tallyman View Post
          Hi Lucky,

Your not too far from me then. I'm in Arle, not far off PE Way. Not too sure my Surf would be much help, as it's on road tyres, fairly standard other than a towbar and definitely not lifted, no winch etc, although I do have a set of snow chains (never used them though).

I tend to be out at least a couple of nights every week already, what with ping pong (home night Tuesdays & Wednesdays) and gun club (Tuesday & Thursdays), so not sure "the boss" would be too happy with me if I tried to add another regular night out to the list. In any event, Tuesdays are pretty well taken up winter & summer as when I'm not playing ping pong I'm out shooting holes in things. But if you get stuck any time and I'm around/available let me know. I'll PM you my phone number.
          Good stuff Mike. Yes really close to you - just off Hatherley lane down the road from B&Q. No problem about road tyres, most of what we do is around transport in bad weather, no off road so far and unlikely to be. My Land Cruiser is standard height, not very aggressive All Terrains (Cooper ATR) but does have a winch and a tow bar fitted. Will give you a call some time to catch up.

Do understand about the time constraints though, don't want to upset the missus too much.

Comment

and yet another one in cheltenham, blue over silver, off lizzy way by pates grammer school, there are quite a few surfs in chelt ,i see a maroon one regularly and one identical to mine virtualy every day.

Comment

Working...
            X