You know when you've been tango'ed...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You know when you've been tango'ed...

lol, very snzzy colour if you ask me, quite like it actually xD...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Toyota-Hi-lux-...3A1|240%3A1318
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success

Ye, quite like it, even the colour's not too off putting.
    If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Brian

Comment

quite cool actually. strip the stickers and add new D.O.H. 01 's to each side and the confederate on top and away you go! thats a true redneck truck....i love it!
        i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
          i know, but i'd rather pay that amount for that than the ltd edition jack foreskin thingy.
          i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

Three and a half grand?? You could buy the exclusive Jack Wolfskin special edition for that

I quite like it though.

Comment

Nice to see the cut outs that rear bumper normally sits in behind the wheels are filled. Nice touch.
              4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

For me personally it looks too high for the wheels it's sitting on...

I don't like the jacked up silly size wheels look at all. (Especially when it's done with a LC coil lift so it's tiny wheels under the rear doors)

At least this truck seems to have a proper drop bracket lift on the rear.

Rob.

Comment

Like it, same scoop as mine too,
                  Mines has LC springs and 2" body lift but the wheels where it's supposed to be, under the arch! guess that one would look better with 35's on tho, however the smaller the tyre the higher the lift appears, colour's ok as well,
                  overall much better than the forskin version, but i would'nt pay all that for it
                  Attached Files
                  Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

I think once the sus lift gets over 2" you're better off getting the 4" kit with drop brackets. (drop the bodylift 1" lower and raise the susp 1" extra) I think some US suppliers do extended arms to reposition the wheel as an alternative but am not sure.

You can easily see how the wheel moves forwards comparing the stock surf here to the LC lifted one here ( post #7 )

I know it's an affordable way of getting some height but I just don't think it looks right - Sorry

Also with the LC coils you've still got the same arc of movement but lose extension and gain compression. With the drop brackets you have the same extension / compression as stock afaik. Bit like when you crank the T bars and end up with no drop at all (sitting on the bump stops), but not as bad.

Rob.
                    Last edited by wishbone; 5 February 2009, 00:40.

Comment

its got a 4" suspension lift!

you can see the rear radius arm drop brackets, and the front wishbones are nearly horizontal.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by wishbone View Post

At least this truck seems to have a proper drop bracket lift on the rear.

Rob.
                        That's why I posted this bit.....

I was saying that the orange one looked lifted properly, but the wheels looked way too small for it. Couldn't really make out the front susp. but it would have to be bracket dropped to match really..

Comment

Working...
                        X