Rusty seat frames

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rusty seat frames

The release knob (for want of a better word) to collapse the rear seat has broken off, so I've taken out the back seat to fix a new to it. However realised that there has obviously been a significant amount of water in there at some stage, as the bottom few inches of the seat frames is fairly rusty, and the hard board lining on the back, behind the upholstery, has a nice tide mark. Hinges/bolts etc all seem ok, but could do with a clean.

Is it worth stripping the back seats right back to metal to get the rust off, or should I just put it all back together and pretend I didn't see it?
    Andy
    http://www.surfingafrica.net

Check the sunroof drains, if they get blocked water will find
    it's way into the headlining above the rear seats and drip thu
    via the OMG handles, and that's the result, usually if the car
    is parked facing up hill. If no sunrrof is fitted disregard this post.

Gman
    If it aint broke, keep goin' till it is.

Comment

Originally posted by adpsimpson View Post
      The release knob (for want of a better word) to collapse the rear seat has broken off,
      Been trying to resist for hours. Rusty release knob snapped off?

Comment

Originally posted by GRASSMAN View Post
        If no sunrrof is fitted disregard this post.
        Any other suggestions then?? Think it looks like a 1-off soaking, either spillage or something I don't know about the car's history... (spillage more likely). Really wondering if it's worth trying to clean away the rust now, or just leave it?

And Matt, enough of the smut. (I knew I should avoid the word 'knob', but what else can you use to describe it?!)
        Andy
        http://www.surfingafrica.net

Comment

well if u have the seat out and in bits u may aswell sort it,even if its just some hammerite

Comment

Originally posted by adpsimpson View Post
            (I knew I should avoid the word 'knob', but what else can you use to describe it?!)
            Penis?

Oh, right, I understand now....

Comment

Working...
            X