Fun in the snow till 3AM!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fun in the snow till 3AM!!

Well I have spent the last 4 hours on and around the A31, helping the police clear the hogs back of stuck cars, have to pull/winch 7 including a merc stuck nose in the ditch, nearly had a silly woman drive into the winch cable despite all the flashing yellow lights and a guy waving his arms for her to stop!!! visablilty at the mo is about 10 foot up on the top!

Even got to be on the radio (Eagle with Kim Robinson) to say hi/

Off to bed now :-)

p.s. towed a lady in a little square car (didn't notice what...) who said she was a green activist, she said thanks a few times and added she is sorry if she has ever moaned about my 4x4 and she was thankful I wasn't, "green" tonight...ha ha
    Nissan Patrol for on-road, and a Land-Rover 110 shed for off-road :-)

good on you matey. but bet she will go back being anti 4x4 when she gets home lol.
    towed one off roundabout here in cornwall n they were anti 4x4 very grateful at the time.
    least we all try to show them we aint a bad lot well done m8

Comment

Nice one Buddy....
      A little extra helps n the 4x4 name would be Mud.... if we didn't chip in n help they'd all be in the Shoite !!!

There's always a Payback .... It takes longer than five Minutes !!!!
      Buncefield Burner

Comment

at least bdt2 will earn his cash today jess !!

its quite heavy here now..the A27 is closed from lewes to shoreham with several accidents up the big hill..he's going to be a busy boy
        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post

its quite heavy here now..the A27 is closed from lewes to shoreham with several accidents up the big hill..he's going to be a busy boy
          Yeah right Gra ..he'll certainly be earnin his money today if he can get outta his street that is....

There's always a Payback .... it always takes longer than five minutes !!!!
          Buncefield Burner

Comment

we were playing on the hogs back last night too about 10 o clock. unbelievable what people in crap cars will do. 2 people tried turning around by the ramada turn off instead of erm....just turning off and one woman in a beemer got herself well and truly stuck. everyone was driving through the police cone offs! the slip road from the hotel wasn't coned off though so don't know why the police left that open.
            i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

nice one mate.... bet it was fun too... hehe

I was driving up and down twice to Mansfield last nite....
              deffo was bad weather and saw some numptys but the Logo wud not pull anything out I don't think so I have just steamed past everyone....
              One day at the time I guess..

Comment

Originally posted by logey79 View Post
                we were playing on the hogs back last night too about 10 o clock. unbelievable what people in crap cars will do. 2 people tried turning around by the ramada turn off instead of erm....just turning off and one woman in a beemer got herself well and truly stuck. everyone was driving through the police cone offs! the slip road from the hotel wasn't coned off though so don't know why the police left that open.
                They had run out of cones....

I got there about 11 and by 3 it was just me and the police rangie. anyone else attemping it would have been asking for trouble my wipers where freezing with the drifting snow...!

I am going to try and drive to the in-laws in addlestone later to take clothes to the missus and kids who stayed there last night.
                might bring them all back too.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post

Originally posted by Diezel Weazel View Post
                  Yeah right Gra ..he'll certainly be earnin his money today if he can get outta his street that is....

There's always a Payback .... it always takes longer than five minutes !!!!
                  not wrong although suprisingly it wasnt really busy,main prob was trying to get trucks to the cars,oh and staff into work lol

Comment

Pulled a few agian today a nice q7 audi from Chitchester had pulled over the old parvis bride in Byfleet and couldn't get back out the dead end, power to the surf pulled him up and over even though the wally had left his handbrake on.

Mate Will had winched 3 trucks off the hogs back including a 12 tonner this morning

Comment

Originally posted by Smego2 View Post
                      Pulled a few agian today a nice q7 audi from Chitchester had pulled over the old parvis bride in Byfleet and couldn't get back out the dead end, power to the surf pulled him up and over even though the wally had left his handbrake on.

Mate Will had winched 3 trucks off the hogs back including a 12 tonner this morning
                      no winch for me just a nice big lifting strop and some d shackles

Comment

ha ha me mate defo needed to winch he had to strop to trees to pull the trucks as they were in the ditches....

Comment

Working...
                        X