No announcement yet.

Jack Wolfskin S.U.R.F

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As I said before, it looks like a very nice truck, and I don't think there's a question of anyone being ripped off. But, whoever bought it paid substantially over the odds for a standard 3.0 with a couple of stickers on.

Maybe it's exactly what they were after and they were willing to pay more for it. Sometimes you get lucky with options and toys and people actually pay for them.

Anyway, congratulations on the sale. Don't take people's comments to heart too much, they're just making fun.

Comment

I reckon my truck, if standard, is worth £1500 tops. I've added :-

LC springs = £60
      New shocks front and rear = £240
      Custom exhaust = £200
      Big wheels = £400
      New tyres cos the old ones wore out = £600
      Isuzu bonnet scoop for intercooler = £40
      Lots and lots of stickers = £200 (if I hadn't made them myself)
      CB = £100
      Fancy stereo = £200
      Loads and loads of maintenance = £1000

Erm, ALL of the 'extras' the other one has apart from the crap cracked up sticker on the bonnet and the nudge bar = oh, I dunno, lets say £1000

Wow my truck is worth about £6000!!!! Woohoo, happy days!!!

Anyone wanna buy some Jack Foreskin stickers?
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Christ, if I added up how much I had spent on sorting out my two surfs I'd have, ooooh, about enough to pay for Tony's extension

Comment

Tony's extension to what?

TBH, good on you chap if you've got £3.5k for a 3.0, I wish mine was worth that!

I cant see anything in the spec though which makes it any different to mine, apart from some TVs in headrests.

Comment

Originally posted by nero279 View Post
            obviously a quality alarm then

mate, seriously good on you if you got £2k more than it's worth for it

even if it is a genuine special edition £3500 is way over the top, and i hope whoever bought it is either loaded or so happy with it he doesn't mind being a mug

half your list is just maintenance items they add no value to the truck really. and the other half all sound like aftermarket items to me, that maybe put £250 to £300 on the value of any vehicle they're installed in.
            Hey thats your opinion and thats fair enough but just to be acurate, the "maintenance" items in the list come to just over £400, £200 of which is the new tyres that i am about to put on it. So thats £2500 worth of extras and I'd be interested to see how much labour you'd have to pay for the install. Obviously I have spent shed loads more than that on maintenace items, cam belt, services, etc etc etc. but I didn't list them for the very reason you've pointed out. I only listed the track rod end and glow plugs because thy're not every day maintenance items and yes it is a quality alarm
            Last edited by Peachperformance; 3 February 2009, 01:02.

Comment

Originally posted by Peachperformance View Post
              Hey thats your opinion and thats fair enough but just to be acurate, the "maintenance" items in the list come to just over £400, £200 of wich is the new tyres that i am about to put on it. So thats "2500 worth of extras" and I'd be interested to see how much labour you'd have to pay for the install. Obviously I have spent shed loads more than that on maintenace items, cam belt, services, etc etc etc. but I didn't list them for the very reason you've pointed out. I only listed the track rod end and glow plugs because thy're not every day maintenance items and yes it is a quality alarm
              For £1000 it had better be!

When I want to sell, d'you mind if I look you up for PR?

I can do you as many Jack Wolfskin stickers as you can get through!

Comment

LOL i'd like to think the fact its well looked after with a recon engine helps a bit. At least you've got a sense of humour, but it really is a Jack Wolfskin ltd edition, just wish I could find the other one i've seen.

Comment

LOL i'd like to think the fact its well looked after with a recon engine helps a bit. At least you've got a sense of humour, but it really is a Jack Wolfskin ltd edition, just wish I could find the other one i've seen.
                  apache with a sense of humour? wow that will be a first he's mattf apprentice lol

Comment

Mine's a Gucci Tag Heuer Rolex special edition...

All I gotta do is make the stickers.

Comment

Originally posted by pirate-storm View Post
                      apache with a sense of humour? wow that will be a first he's mattf apprentice lol
                      F*ck off! Matt F is a pussy! Matt F is MY Bitch!

Seriously, mine had a Gumball 3000 sticker on it (original, my mate is a school buddy of Max Cooper, gumball 'owner') - d'ya reckon I could sell it as a 'Gumball 3000 special edition'?

Anyone wanna buy? £10k wouldn't be unreasonable for something so rare!

(I also have a proper Gumball hoodie and Gumball annual with stickers for sale on eBay )
                      Last edited by Apache; 3 February 2009, 01:11.

Comment

awaits mattf's reply lol

Comment

Mines the F.C.U.K.E.D Limited edition!

Not really but still...

Either way if you got a good price then good man!! You shouldn't have taken any of the comments to heart really..

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
                            Mines the F.C.U.K.E.D Limited edition!

Not really but still...

Either way if you got a good price then good man!! You shouldn't have taken any of the comments to heart really..

lol rod did you see the comments i put bout you n chaos looking like twins lol

Comment

Originally posted by pirate-storm View Post
                              lol rod did you see the comments i put bout you n chaos looking like twins lol
                              yeah i did!!

Comment

.... and yes it is a quality alarm
                                I'm happy for you i really am, but to make my point i'll stick to what i know, having just looked at the ebay ad, it's a clifford alarm, so yes it is a good one. But seen as it's got a red LED, it's quite an old one. Probably a concept 450, with additional remote start and headlight auto activation modules.

It's replacement, 5 generations on is the concept 650 mkII, which retails at £350 fitted, cliffords price for the intellistart module is £230 fitted, most independents would do both for under £500.

did you know the 450s that outdated it's been removed from thatchams insurance approval lists?
                                =========
                                =SOLD UP!=
                                =========

Comment

Working...
                                X