Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TobyJug View Post
    WOW....
    this post just revealed a whole different side of u....
    A side I like.....

Hope u well by the way mate and the snakes are behaving....
    I read this, and saw this...
    it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt View Post
      I read this, and saw this...
      hahahahaha
      One day at the time I guess..

Comment

Thanks Toby,
        I’ve had a few scary trips but that day was one of the worst. The miles of unsurfaced rutted mud roads where tiring enough but then we came to a section where the road was covered by a strip of deep water about 50 foot wide and at least a mile long. We had a couple of guys on foot wading ahead just to determine where the edges of the road was... the exhaust pipe was under water most of the time so we were being careful not to stall. I think the reservoir had sprung a leak because there was a hell of a lot of water.

Further down the road a big truck had broken down in the water and there were other trucks struggling along behind us. In the end we got lucky and managed to get up on to the side of the reservoir and drive along the edge (barely wide enough for the truck) and escape. It was getting dark, we were in a known bandit area and none of us had any firearms with us that day.
        Last edited by PDR; 30 January 2009, 14:05.
        Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

Originally posted by PDR View Post
          Thanks Toby,
          I’ve had a few scary trips but that day was one of the worst. The miles of unsurfaced rutted mud roads where tiring enough but then we came to a section where the road was covered by a strip of deep water about 50” wide and at least a mile long. We had a couple of guys on foot wading ahead just to determine where the edges of the road was... the exhaust pipe was under water most of the time so we were being careful not to stall. I think the reservoir had sprung a leak because there was a hell of a lot of water.

Further down the road a big truck had broken down in the water and there were other trucks struggling along behind us. In the end we got lucky and managed to get up on to the side of the reservoir and drive along the edge (barely wide enough for the truck) and escape. It was getting dark, we were in a known bandit area and none of us had any firearms with us that day.
          I can imagine it being a little scary but I wud love a day like that....
          sounds awesome...
          I wud love to go traveling again.....

Comment

The 60 is a great truck, only real problem with them is rust. Apart from that they go on for ever and you can pick them up ro silly money. Not as comfortable as an 80 but still a pretty decent truck to drive. One of them around here - an HJ 61 (Import) with a 12HT engine 2H with a Turbo - good engine. It looks really nice as well.

Comment

Originally posted by lucky View Post
              The 60 is a great truck, only real problem with them is rust. Apart from that they go on for ever and you can pick them up ro silly money. Not as comfortable as an 80 but still a pretty decent truck to drive. One of them around here - an HJ 61 (Import) with a 12HT engine 2H with a Turbo - good engine. It looks really nice as well.
              thanks for that Lucky.....
              yeh I wud like an 80 series but I have a soft spot for the 60's and 70's series...
              Seen as the troopy's are very hard to get at a decent price I have been looking at the 60 series....
              So is the 61 a better option with the turbo engine?

Comment

Toby, you do know that you have me drooling over Land Cruisers again... I remember seeing a restored 40 series at a 4x4 event once, really nice.

I like the 60 & 70 series but would probably look for an 80 series as my next Toyota.

I’ve just recalled a funny story... driving back from the research labs one very wet day I was stopped by a group of soldiers manning a road block... I was thinking “hell, what do they want”.... turned out that some of them wanted a lift into town.. so it was “no problem, jump in”
                Last edited by PDR; 30 January 2009, 14:53.
                Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

Working...
                X