rear window problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear window problem

Ok i need some advise please, i have just had a tow bar fitted to the surf..
    the rear window has been playing up a little bit I.E being slow when returning to the closed position, but now after the bar fitting the window wont opperate at all with the swith inside the car but will work with the key. as far as i can work out the guy who fitted it didnt go anywhere near the internal switch and only connected wires to a permanent live under the dash and then connected wires to the rear lights.. so my question is could the rear window relay that serves the internal switch be kapput, and would the key still open the window if it was.

Answer... HAVE YOU CHECKED THE INTERNAL WINDOW LOCK TO SEE IF IT HAD BEEN SET.. ERMMMMMMM NO I'LL GO SEE, JUST BEEN TO SEE AND GUESS WHAT
    FIREFLY OFFICIAL NUMPTY HEAD OF THE DAY
    Last edited by firefly; 30 April 2004, 15:51.
    if a politition is talking its lying

Rear window

HI Check you have not depressed the "window Lock Button" on the drivers door panel, this also cuts out the rear window switch.
    Live Life To The Full

Comment

cheers hilux like i changed to above feel very stupid and a little embarassed because i know what the widow lock does and which windows it affects but didnt know i had pressed the flippin button. Im going to have to stop thinking the worse after all its a toyota for heavens sake
      Last edited by firefly; 30 April 2004, 15:55.
      if a politition is talking its lying

Comment

Been there, done it and don't it make you blush! Do a search on rear window. You'll find that the number of folks that have been caught out that way is in high double figures. Including a couple, Ahem, of the admins.
        It's only a hobby!

Comment

Oh Goody,........... I do like a happy ending!!!!!!!!!!

Chuffin computer viruses!

Derek

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
            Been there, done it and don't it make you blush! Do a search on rear window. You'll find that the number of folks that have been caught out that way is in high double figures. Including a couple, Ahem, of the admins.
            yep Me too I even managed to strip out the console before I found the button

I think we should set up a stupid things we done thread.
            ScubaSurf

The place to be is under the sea

Comment

Originally posted by Scubasurf
              yep Me too I even managed to strip out the console before I found the button

I think we should set up a stupid things we done thread.

If you do a search I think you will find one all ready exists some where

Here you go

http://www.yotasurf-online.co.uk/pub...ead.php?t=1205
              Last edited by jotto; 30 April 2004, 22:00.
              I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

Working...
              X