• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• snorkel top

for £60 my wife got me this

so now it looks like this

i changed nothing under the bonnet

only thing ya need to do is
    fill the ecu air sencer in thats the bit with wires coming out of it and formfiller around it

and if you plan on going in realy deep water you will need to fill the sump hole in at the bottom of ya air box

cv boot rubbers for joining up

and the stickers come with the air filter (snorkel top)

snorkel cost £11.50 drian pipe and cv boot rubbers
    top cost £60 k&n air filter
    got rid of my toyota filter it now moves with a bit more grunt
    so it should be better off road well under water
    get my 4wd fixed and its abit more of this

http://s288.photobucket.com/albums/l...3-08_14011.flv
    but better and deeper this summer
    should make some good pics this year
    Last edited by JUDWAK; 24 January 2009, 16:10.
    am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

AquaHilux... Amazing!

Absolutely incredible. Can this really work, or is, um, your wife trying to get you to drown yourself? ;-)

I'd love to see a YouTube of what this looks like when you're inside the vehicle, surfing your Surf.

As a newbie, I am constantly amazed by what people do with their Hiluxes (? "Hilices").

All the best,
    Ken

Comment

very good write up 118,only one teeny thing,u havent done anything to the hole u cut in wing,needs sum sort of paint on it and maybe a rubber seal round it?

Comment

Originally posted by AnguillaKen View Post
        Absolutely incredible. Can this really work, or is, um, your wife trying to get you to drown yourself? ;-)

I'd love to see a YouTube of what this looks like when you're inside the vehicle, surfing your Surf.

As a newbie, I am constantly amazed by what people do with their Hiluxes (? "Hilices").

All the best,
        Ken

this year mate i will have vids and pics
        Last edited by JUDWAK; 24 January 2009, 16:29.

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
          very good write up 118,only one teeny thing,u havent done anything to the hole u cut in wing,needs sum sort of paint on it and maybe a rubber seal round it?

i know just cant be bothered
          for those who want to know
          the rubber ring (when i do fit it) is from poly pipe its somesort of rubber joining for underground pipes
          well it will fit
          its just when i can be asked to do it

Comment

Incredable George, you are definatly nuts if you extend it a bit you could totaly submerge, you'll need to presureise the hull (sorry body) to counteract the water presure tho, and sonar would be a good idea
            Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
              Incredable George, you are definatly nuts if you extend it a bit you could totaly submerge, you'll need to presureise the hull (sorry body) to counteract the water presure tho, and sonar would be a good idea

i have plans with a fish finder (it tells you the depth)
              had it past the wing mirrors but my surf dont leak water in and i nearly bobbled over (coz it bobs from side to side in very deep water)
              but i love it2thumbsup

Comment

That is some pretty impressive wading! My old 2.4 Surf was pretty watertight. I had it submerged to just below the windows all round and no water came in because I got out through the sun roof to get the recovery rope.

I don't know how the current one is. I have not had it off road, apart from to use it to tow my Zook into Devils Pit car park and a bit of gentle laning.
                It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by AnguillaKen View Post

Ken

A thunderbird impression..........

' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Working...
                  X