Quick question peep's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick question peep's

can anyone tell me what the difference is between a 3. surf and a 3. 4runner apart from the surf being an import.
    Cheers!!

factory fitted foglight on a 4runner. maybe more rust too. badges will be different too, one will say 4runner, the other surf. both will have toyota badges.
    i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

Normally chrome or lack off...

4Runners have black bumpers/wing mirrors an surfs have chrome.

The rear tailgate is a bit different aswell.

Comment

Originally posted by logey79 View Post
        factory fitted foglight on a 4runner. maybe more rust too. badges will be different too, one will say 4runner, the other surf. both will have toyota badges.
        Dave ya shudda just said "More Toys n Joys on a Surf n less Rust !!

There's always a Payback .... Just don't expect a Warning !!!!
        Buncefield Burner

Comment

PMSL. You lot!!
          So apart from the above, are the engines the same ie head troubles etc???

Comment

You will find that the 4runner is a 1-kz-t and the surf is a 1-kz-te
            the 4runner also has a mechanical fuel pump and not electrical like the 3.0l surfs.
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by Diezel Weazel View Post
              Dave ya shudda just said "More Toys n Joys on a Surf n less Rust !!

There's always a Payback .... Just don't expect a Warning !!!!
              i'm just not the smoothy poetic type like you though pete!!!

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
                You will find that the 4runner is a 1-kz-t and the surf is a 1-kz-te
                the 4runner also has a mechanical fuel pump and not electrical like the 3.0l surfs.
                Aup Rich, hows it goin matey?
                As for the questions, i'm looking at one at the right price cos the surf STILL has coolant probs even after 1200 squid has been thrown at it. If it keeps on i'll end up in the nut house.

Comment

Originally posted by magnum force View Post
                  Aup Rich, hows it goin matey?
                  As for the questions, i'm looking at one at the right price cos the surf STILL has coolant probs even after 1200 squid has been thrown at it. If it keeps on i'll end up in the nut house.
                  not too bad thanks Phil,dads been very bad over the last few days aand the pups have chewed the leccy cable to the monitor and i'm reduced to the laptop now
                  https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

if you're gonna throw money at another surf, why not do an engine transplant... there's a dude on here whats done a lexus v8 transplant - can't think of his name though...

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
                      not too bad thanks Phil,dads been very bad over the last few days aand the pups have chewed the leccy cable to the monitor and i'm reduced to the laptop now
                      Soz to hear about ya dad mate, as for the pups, my dog did that a few years ago but it was the fridge cable......didnt do it again lol

Comment

Originally posted by logey79 View Post
                        if you're gonna throw money at another surf, why not do an engine transplant... there's a dude on here whats done a lexus v8 transplant - can't think of his name though...

Yes ive seen that. Nice bit of kit. Trouble is its my work truck, no truck no work. And the Mac will be here in 5 week.

Comment

ah ok. thats a different kettle of swimming thingies then.

Comment

Unless anyone knows of a surf for around 1000 squid. A lot to expect i know but this truck has skint me now

Comment

Originally posted by magnum force View Post
                              Unless anyone knows of a surf for around 1000 squid. A lot to expect i know but this truck has skint me now
                              There's been at least 2 £1k 3l Surfs sold on here in the past couple of months.
                              Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Working...
                              X