Where can I get paint -blue-'96 3rd gen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can I get paint -blue-'96 3rd gen

My surf's been scratched and need touch ups. chips away said they can't do imports as they cant get the correct paint colour. Any ideas anyone or does anyone have the paint code. it's a navy blue original 1996 3rd gen surf.

Originally posted by kevinturner100 View Post
    My surf's been scratched and need touch ups. chips away said they can't do imports as they cant get the correct paint colour. Any ideas anyone or does anyone have the paint code. it's a navy blue original 1996 3rd gen surf.
    If you can find the paint code, I think it's on the vin plate, I seem to remember that Halfords will mix that colour and put it in an aerosol can.
    'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

milners do paint.
      cheers shaun
      NO LONGER A SURFER NOW DRIVING A LEXUS

Comment

Hi kev, if its the dark blue "look at avatar" the code is 8L7, got mine from the local auto paint shop, perfect match too.
        If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

sorry but whats avatar? dont want to sound thick but not sure what you mean. soz

Comment

sorry but whats avatar? dont want to sound thick but not sure what you mean. soz
            My little photo with my details to the left.

Comment

yeah its the same blue as that, so i just go to any shop and ask for 087?

Comment

yeah its the same blue as that, so i just go to any shop and ask for 087?
                NO, its 8L7mate.
                Get your specs on.

P.S don't go to any shop cos you won't get it from your local butcher, or bakers, an auto paint shop would be your best bet. hehe
                Last edited by si tate; 23 January 2009, 20:38.

Comment

Thanks, had been on the stella early since I got in from work........Hic....
                  Last edited by kevinturner100; 24 January 2009, 08:33.

Comment

Working...
                  X