What do I check for ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do I check for ?

I,m going to have a look at a 3ltr Surf on Saturday, I think it is a series 2 and
    frankly I havent got a clue what I,m looking for, what can be ignored as a cheap easy fix and what to run from. As this Surf will stretch me to my limit financialy, I am terrified that I will miss something that will cost me a packet.The only 4x4,s that I have driven are those pretend Honda things so I have no idea how to check if it is working correctly.
    It looks great in the pictures but as a maintenance engineer of many years I know full well that B.S. baffles brains, especialy if those brains aren,t to sure what they are looking at in the first place. I daren,t screw up as I,ve only got the idea of a Surf in this price range past SWMBO by the skin of my teeth. The consequences of buying a "pup" don,t bare thinking about. So any help/advice would be greatfully received.

Cheers Brummie
    I've taken a vow of poverty To anoy me send money

Originally posted by Brummie View Post
    I,m going to have a look at a 3ltr Surf on Saturday, I think it is a series 2 and
    frankly I havent got a clue what I,m looking for, what can be ignored as a cheap easy fix and what to run from. As this Surf will stretch me to my limit financialy, I am terrified that I will miss something that will cost me a packet.The only 4x4,s that I have driven are those pretend Honda things so I have no idea how to check if it is working correctly.
    It looks great in the pictures but as a maintenance engineer of many years I know full well that B.S. baffles brains, especialy if those brains aren,t to sure what they are looking at in the first place. I daren,t screw up as I,ve only got the idea of a Surf in this price range past SWMBO by the skin of my teeth. The consequences of buying a "pup" don,t bare thinking about. So any help/advice would be greatfully received.

Cheers Brummie

Have a read here.....

http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/info/faq.htm
    ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Cheers Brummie
      I ain't no expert but have owned one now for the last 3 years so if you want i could possibly come over with you ? just depends on when you are going and where. call me on ????????? if you interested.
      Andy

See You tomorrow.
      Last edited by Growler; 23 January 2009, 16:27.

Comment

Check it just like ya would any Motor, but be more thorough n piniky tho n don't forget, if it is a 2rd Gen don't select 4WD on tarmac ...
        Check all even the bells n whistles !!
        Good Luck n Happy Hunting ..

There's always a Payback .... Just don't expect a Warning !!!!
        Buncefield Burner

Comment

frankly I havent got a clue what I,m looking for,
          Reasonably big thing, a bit like a big estate car, I'm sure you'll recognise it when you see it.
          Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Working...
          X