No announcement yet.

Gudday All

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I'm still new to the offroad scene, truth be told I'm more interested in it to get me up the top ends of these sort of rivers where the deer are.. Save a day hiking over these dry riverbeds in 35° temps - that's me.

I have a few friends with enought experience to get me decently stuck and recovered so it looks like it's going to be a very interesting year!!

@si tate - saw that episode, lauged my arse off!! My old man built a fiberglass beach buggy based on a vw that could swim fine... we had a few decent scares in that thing!

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom 18 View Post
      True, but his outboard was more powerful than my V8.
      Ahhhhh, the rumble of a v8, i can only dream at the minute.
      Maybe one day...............
      If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Funny thing there, I had a tricky decision to make, spend 3K on my Rover P6B getting it ready to do distance every day or get another vehicle...

Anyway, time for bed..

Comment

Originally posted by si tate View Post
          Ahhhhh, the rumble of a v8, i can only dream at the minute.
          Maybe one day...............
          Just do it its not that much of a big deal. Best bet would be to buy a knackered surf and start from there. Then just do bits as and when time and finances allow. I am sure myself, Vince, Stein and Lord Lucan can answer all the questions you would need to know. Then you can join the eight club.

6ix some of our terrain http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ight=road+pics
          monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom 18 View Post
            Just do it its not that much of a big deal. Best bet would be to buy a knackered surf and start from there. Then just do bits as and when time and finances allow. I am sure myself, Vince, Stein and Lord Lucan can answer all the questions you would need to know. Then you can join the eight club.

6ix some of our terrain http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ight=road+pics
            TBH i would prefer to buy one all ready done, i don't have the room for 2 trucks & you can bet your life that the misses would hit the roof if i had a truck in bits on the drive for 6-12 months.

If our climate was'nt so sh!tty i would do it in the back yard over the summer, but with our weather i know for a fact it would be sat there years before it got finished.
            If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

welcome to the forum mate....

Be nice in NZ I am trying to convince the gf to move that side of the world..
              I was in Aussie for a few years my ex wife is Kiwi....
              And my grandmam's brothers and sister live near new Plymount...

Anyway off topic there...
              welcome mate and I am sure U will enjoy being on the forum and off-roading..
              One day at the time I guess..

Comment

welcome dude
                am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Hi n Welcome Buddy ya could also check out the Oz site.. www.yotatech.com/
                  Now ya got a Truck have fun n enjoy,don't forget the grin

There's always a Payback .... Just don't expect a Warning !!!!
                  Last edited by Diezel Weazel; 20 January 2009, 12:51.
                  Buncefield Burner

Comment

Looks a decent enough runna, wont be long before your jacking it and going for bigger tyres, weird aint it? we buy em cos they look the dogs then set about altering them so they look even more the dogs, anyway welcome and enjoy
                    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Welcome
                      ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome!

So far half the people I've met recon surfs are great, the other half recon they're expensive rust buckets

Anyway, back to the horror stories and helpful advice from forum members!

Cheers, Kyle.

Comment

Rust buckets!!! i've yet to see a jap import full of rust, the officially marketed runner can be rusty but i think that's due to them being in this country from new, they salt grit the roads here in winter and that eats em plus the cr@p weather,
                          Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Working...
                          X