Gudday All

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gudday All

I just picked up my first 4x4 the other weekend, and have spent a few hours grazing the forum... Seems like a great wee spot so I thought I'd join up and perhaps ask some probably stupid questions...

I spent a day running round town looking for a car for getting to work (my old subaru gave out so I was in a hurry for a replacement) and I ended up getting in a shitty and packed it in. Anyway on the way home just round the corner was the 4runner, a good $1k more than I was planning on spending but looked okay.

Only had it out a couple of times but we took it up a soft riverbed and my mate with a Range Rover said it done good.

Well you made the right choice mate.
    Make sure you service it on a regular basis & it should give you no trouble, depending on how you drive it that is.

There is all the info you need on here just hit the search button & away you go, but if you do get stuck for an answer you only have to ask & there will be someone on line to help you out.

Welcome to the forum & enjoy your stay.
    If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Hello and welcome you made a good choice. Won't be long before your using the surf to pull the rangie out when he gets stuck
      monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

Cheers guys, hopefully it will save a bit of time hiking up riverbeds...and prove economical enough to get to work & back (100kms a day, mostly 100 kmh work)

You get anything like our braided rivers on that side of the planet?

Anyway, now I'm registered - time to hit the search button proper.

Comment

Originally posted by 6ix View Post
          Cheers guys, hopefully it will save a bit of time hiking up riverbeds...and prove economical enough to get to work & back (100kms a day, mostly 100 kmh work)

You get anything like our braided rivers on that side of the planet?

Anyway, now I'm registered - time to hit the search button proper.
          Don't know, whats a braided river, got any photo's?
          monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom 18 View Post
            Don't know, whats a braided river, got any photo's?
            I just had to wikipedia that one myself.
            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Braided_river

Comment

Driving between chanels over sediment? Sounds a bit dangerous to me.
              monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

Driving between chanels over sediment? Sounds a bit dangerous to me.
                Don't think it would be a problem with lucifer, i on the other hand would'nt last 5 minutes

Comment

Not the best of photos sorry, I wasnt after the river this time.. in my deep dark archives I would have better but I might as well combine topics ay?

Essentially where I live is a large alluvial plain, and the rivers change course over a wide area every flood... this particular river (bed) can change from what you see in my photos to a raging torrent from side to side....

Here's a photo off the 'net of the lower reaches where I was playing...

Comment

Originally posted by si tate View Post
                    Don't think it would be a problem with lucifer, i on the other hand would'nt last 5 minutes
                    I suppose if I put enough air in the tyres it might even float. I might try that one day
                    monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

You look a bit young to be driving, do your pairent know you have a 4x4.
                      Hehe

Comment

Yeah, we have a few different rules over here... that reminds me I gotta get some voluntary insurance too..

Comment

I suppose if I put enough air in the tyres it might even float. I might try that one day
                          Hey clarkson managed to get one across the channel.

Comment

Wow that looks mental would love to get my quad bike in there. We don't have anything like that here. Its rained for about 4 years here now so if you drove in our rivers you would most likely be washed away.
                            If you do a search for some of our 4x4 meet pics on here you will see some of our terrain.
                            monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

Originally posted by si tate View Post
                              Hey clarkson managed to get one across the channel.
                              True, but his outboard was more powerful than my V8.
                              monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X