No announcement yet.

@ Poomeister - the record is straight!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @ Poomeister - the record is straight!

My response to the letters from your detractors in last months TOR has been printed. I think it sets the record straight
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Just read it .......well done
    ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
      My response to the letters from your detractors in last months TOR has been printed. I think it sets the record straight
      well done that man............liked it ..........liked it a lot,(espaecially the bit about "from someone who was there"
      Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

well played andy,

along similar lines anyone read the ed's reply to the guy complaining about 'total chaos', anyone else think the reply was out of order? The guys got a point, so many times i've looked in the mag and on the same page as stuff about keeping to the byways and causing minimal damage there's pics of people clearly straying to pose for a photo. Don't get me wrong I like total chaos, though to be honest that seems to have got a bit samey, just vehicles on their sides recently, but it could be in a less prominant place in the mag and still have the same appeal to readers without being noticed by someone who picks up the mag to flick through with no real interest in the sport.
        =========
        =SOLD UP!=
        =========

Comment

Yes yes yes!!! I agree with you totally!

Some of the photos in 'total chaos' have been taken on LANES I've driven, not on pay and play sites, I think the very least 'ed' could have done was stated that only photos taken during pay and play will be published.

Cocking about and rolling your heap onto its side on a green lane is totally unacceptable and DOES result in lane closures. In the same issue, there's a plea for people who've driven Sarn Helen recently to get in touch to prove the lane is still driven. What chance do we have of re-opening lanes when a few pages later there is a photo of a truck upside down in a river?!

Comment

Originally posted by nero279 View Post
            well played andy,

along similar lines anyone read the ed's reply to the guy complaining about 'total chaos', anyone else think the reply was out of order? The guys got a point, so many times i've looked in the mag and on the same page as stuff about keeping to the byways and causing minimal damage there's pics of people clearly straying to pose for a photo. Don't get me wrong I like total chaos, though to be honest that seems to have got a bit samey, just vehicles on their sides recently, but it could be in a less prominant place in the mag and still have the same appeal to readers without being noticed by someone who picks up the mag to flick through with no real interest in the sport.
            well done that man,couldt agree more

Originally posted by Apache View Post
            Yes yes yes!!! I agree with you totally!

Some of the photos in 'total chaos' have been taken on LANES I've driven, not on pay and play sites, I think the very least 'ed' could have done was stated that only photos taken during pay and play will be published.

Cocking about and rolling your heap onto its side on a green lane is totally unacceptable and DOES result in lane closures. In the same issue, there's a plea for people who've driven Sarn Helen recently to get in touch to prove the lane is still driven. What chance do we have of re-opening lanes when a few pages later there is a photo of a truck upside down in a river?!
            have wonderded about that.the first thing a rambler sees when he opens the back up is a pic of a rolled vehicle.......hmmm
            Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

I was thinking about those fools on Strata last October. If walkers / ramblers saw those two heaps blocking the path, I guarantee they'd be writing letters to their MPs asking for Strata to be closed to vehicles. They'd see the pics in the back of TOR as the same thing. I do think it would be sensible if they put something in at the top of the page stating that the photos are taken on private land / pay and play sites.

Comment

as an aside, after reading the to55er from glass who couldnt make the logical leap from 2 groups to traffic jam, i emailed tor AND i emailed himself(the glass chap). i wasnt rude, but was rather forthright,asking whether or not he had actually bothered to get off his pedestal and read (from the beggining)all the literature regarding our trip.
                how the chap myrrdn phinn had been verbally assaulted and had his wife threatened
                tor never replied but printed your letter, so good one...................as for the glass rep..........still awaiting a response,probably to far up his ivory tower to see whats really happening,just stopping now and then to spit on the peasants.........he really bl00dy annoyed me
                Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

sorry for the late reply....
                  Only just read the TOR now.....

Good letter that Andy..... well done, glad it got printed......
                  Hope that to$$er from glass read it......

I still can't believe that someone from glass wud write something like that...

I agree with u all about the chaos page.....
                  them kinda pictures will cause trouble....
                  I think certain troubled rambler go around buying the off road magazines just to look and see if they can spot wrong just so they can get at us......
                  (specially because the TOR and the LR mags where sealed for the last 2 months.... )

anyway just wanted to say my say on this.....
                  One day at the time I guess..

Comment

Agree with the above also. Not overly impressed with TOR of late and seriously thinking of canceling my subscription , and will only buy it if I think that it's contents will interest me,

Cheers, Nick
                    "The force will be with you, always!"

Comment

Working...
                    X