Urgent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Philip View Post
    Last night after he left, boiler was working great. Heat at last, except once again had water dripping from pipe outside back wall, which was the problem in the first place. I looked at boiler and it was reading 2.5 pressure, when its never been above 1.00 (pressure never that great where we live. Next doors boiler just under 1.00) He had left the water which comes from mains to top up sysyem, ON. I turned it off and OK till midnight.This morning boiler boiler won't fire up. He is supposed to come back in an hour or so, so will leave it till then.
    Thanks for info again

Regards Philip

thats ya header tank in the loft matey
    same thing happend to me just after i had my boiler fix but mine was not piped out properly and flooded the house
    if you go in to the loft the water tank has a ballcock valve
    just ajust it mate thats all i did
    easy done
    its harder to get in the loft
    then i had to dry everything out before it would work
    am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

We don't have a header tank, we have two Megaflow tanks, which serve 1st and 2nd floors and the Combi, which does the Central Heating and Ground floor kitchen hot water. Bath and shower room upstairs hot water comes from Magaflows. I believe it is a new air vent valve he is comming back with, in about an hour or two. Anyway costs about £15.00.
      As probably most people realise, its not the best time to be forking out any extra money.
      Still Searching,
      Dick Whittington

Comment

Originally posted by Philip View Post
        We don't have a header tank, we have two Megaflow tanks, which serve 1st and 2nd floors and the Combi, which does the Central Heating and Ground floor kitchen hot water. Bath and shower room upstairs hot water comes from Magaflows. I believe it is a new air vent valve he is comming back with, in about an hour or two. Anyway costs about £15.00.
        As probably most people realise, its not the best time to be forking out any extra money.

2 right
        i had mine fixed cost shed loads then i got flooded twice
        now my gearbox has been broken its just not the time mate like you say

Comment

Originally posted by JUDWAK View Post
          thats ya header tank in the loft matey
          same thing happend to me just after i had my boiler fix but mine was not piped out properly and flooded the house
          if you go in to the loft the water tank has a ballcock valve
          just ajust it mate thats all i did
          easy done
          its harder to get in the loft
          then i had to dry everything out before it would work
          Nothing to do with any tank, this is a mains pressurised combi
          Are you serious about letting this joker back in..if he cant even turn off the mains feed...words are begining to fail me I am just so angry, it is obvious this guy has no knowledge and is DANGEROUS, of course the pressure relief pipe was letting by it is a 3 bar valve (normally - just to save contradiction) if as you say it was passing water at 2.5 bar than he needs to replace it as faulty the pressure rating will be on it.
          I feel trying to explain on here is difficult PM me your landline number I will be happy to chat and guide you if that is what you would like, I'm afraid I am a bit of a novice having only been in the trade 40 years!
          Did I mention I have a BLUE one
          Tony

Comment

Originally posted by fatfires View Post
            Nothing to do with any tank, this is a mains pressurised combi
            Are you serious about letting this joker back in..if he cant even turn off the mains feed...words are begining to fail me I am just so angry, it is obvious this guy has no knowledge and is DANGEROUS, of course the pressure relief pipe was letting by it is a 3 bar valve (normally - just to save contradiction) if as you say it was passing water at 2.5 bar than he needs to replace it as faulty the pressure rating will be on it.
            I feel trying to explain on here is difficult PM me your landline number I will be happy to chat and guide you if that is what you would like, I'm afraid I am a bit of a novice having only been in the trade 40 years!

did not read the full thread mate
            i hate combi boilers mate i have no idea about them
            coz they brake down alot
            are you one of those that say combi combi combi if some one phones with a problem on a back boiler system

i would rather hear what you have to say tho
            phil give him ya number coz he dose have a piont matey
            too many con men out there
            i just read some of the other pages
            Last edited by JUDWAK; 16 January 2009, 10:42.

Comment

coz they brake down alot
              are you one of those that say combi combi combi if some one phones with a problem on a back boiler system

I am a believer in horses for courses, combis can be good in the right place and there are many fitted inapropreately. Not knowing your propety Phil but if you have magaflows to provide your hot water, your mains pressure cant be that bad! personally unless the hot water run to the kitchen is long I think I might hav gone for a system boiler and had the hot water from the meggaflow for the kitchen but as I say, I dont know your property!
              I have read through this thread again and it striks me the only problem you had was one of the pressure reief valve letting by, but other than faulty/worn valve is there a background fault elsewhere? that would be shown by your system pressure rising.
              First get rid of the leaky valve, make sure the system neither gains pressure or looses, if it looses double check the relief valve, if that is OK then you have a leak somewhere.
              this is getting involved give us your number!
              Tony

Comment

coz they brake down alot

No, just look where I am, boilers, stoves, ranges,agas, wood, gas,LPG, oil, coke, straw, back, front, side ...sorry I'm being silly now but no, I work with all, I am an old school heating engineer...not a plumber, when I took my trade it was for gas, electric, solid fuel, refrigeration, air con,ductwork fab, tinsmithing, leadwork, glassing (yes!), welding, pipe fitting, servicing, etc etc...thats why it took 14 years to get my membership
                combis are an easy way of providing heat for 'plumbers' and the modern breed of so called engineers, they are developed by consumer and installer demand, I dont particularly like them, but they do have a place in the market.
                dont get me going about con men!!!!!!!!!!
                Tony

Comment

Originally posted by fatfires View Post
                  No, just look where I am, boilers, stoves, ranges,agas, wood, gas,LPG, oil, coke, straw, back, front, side ...sorry I'm being silly now but no, I work with all, I am an old school heating engineer...not a plumber, when I took my trade it was for gas, electric, solid fuel, refrigeration, air con,ductwork fab, tinsmithing, leadwork, glassing (yes!), welding, pipe fitting, servicing, etc etc...thats why it took 14 years to get my membership
                  combis are an easy way of providing heat for 'plumbers' and the modern breed of so called engineers, they are developed by consumer and installer demand, I dont particularly like them, but they do have a place in the market.
                  dont get me going about con men!!!!!!!!!!

proper dudes like you are a dieing breed mate
                  a few left in yorkshire but not many old school trades men left anywere now

Comment

Update

Firstly thanks for all offers of help. Ended up buying new convertor valve as recon one was faulty, so need to take back tomorrow for refund. All working now 17.28pm. Keep your fingers crossed.
                    Philip
                    Still Searching,
                    Dick Whittington

Comment

Working...
                    X