Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• having surgery tomorrow! wohoo??

Hi,

just a note to say having surgery on my knee tomorrow. just a bit of keyhole, but it doesn't stop me getting nervous about it.

hopefully they find something simple to fix and with a quick recovery. actually sod the recovery time, so long as my knee stops giving me jip and i can gain confidence in it again at some point this year i'll be happy.

so think of me being knocked unconscious by some lovely nurse at 7am tomorrow morning.

Martin
    Just trying to raise my postcount!

good luck mate!

Comment

good luck mate
      key hole tho i hear is simple
      i refused it myself
      but my next big episode may lead to a major op
      iam craping myself (and not much scares me)
      so let us know how ya go on mate
      and good luck
      am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

good luck, had mine done a while back - for what its worth, dont be tempted to take the crepe dressing off before time, do the excercices more than they say if poss, elevation and not too much weight on it helped me, I did a lot of their excercise regeme with my leg up. pain for me wasnt an issue ....untill I knelt on it without thinking and obviously it will be far worse than man flu so you will need lots and lots of TLC/sympathy/cuddles/beer/tea/coffee/food from her indoors!
        Did I mention I have a BLUE one
        Tony

Comment

Originally posted by fatfires View Post
          good luck, had mine done a while back - for what its worth, dont be tempted to take the crepe dressing off before time, do the excercices more than they say if poss, elevation and not too much weight on it helped me, I did a lot of their excercise regeme with my leg up. pain for me wasnt an issue ....untill I knelt on it without thinking and obviously it will be far worse than man flu so you will need lots and lots of TLC/sympathy/cuddles/beer/tea/coffee/food from her indoors!

like the sympathy idea.

thing that annoys me is i've no how long its gonna be before i go back to work!! I'm an electrician, so plenty of kneeling and squeezing into lofts etc (i say squeezing as i'm 6'5" and 17 stone), but hopefully work will let me come back with light duties.

oh well, i'll find out soon enough!

Comment

Originally posted by B16mts View Post
            like the sympathy idea.

thing that annoys me is i've no how long its gonna be before i go back to work!! I'm an electrician, so plenty of kneeling and squeezing into lofts etc (i say squeezing as i'm 6'5" and 17 stone), but hopefully work will let me come back with light duties.

just dont rush it, my sis in law did and she is still having agro 3 months later, looks like you will be dealing with light switches and changing low light bulbs, be led by the physio, if in doubt dont
            Did I mention I have a BLUE one
            Tony

Comment

like the sympathy idea.

few months doing test certs will drive u insane,ps good luck

Comment

oh fook!! i'm gonna be the new PAT testing monkey aren't I?

Comment

oh fook!! i'm gonna be the new PAT testing monkey aren't I?
                  oh yea,dont forget yr stickers lolol

Comment

Good Luck for tomorra wiv ya Op Martin ...

There's always a Payback .... Just don't expect a Warning !!!!
                    Buncefield Burner

Comment

Farther inlaw had both knees done, up and about in no time.

If you don't make it can you leave me your aviator.

All the best
                      www.cnpbetterhomes.co.uk

Comment

Oooo good luck - bit late now though

Hope it went ok
                        How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Comment

Had mine done a while ago MOTOX took its tole as mentioned before take it easy, Do the Excersises & enjoy the REST.
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                          (")_(")

Comment

good luck matey but I am sure u'll be fine.....
                            One day at the time I guess..

Comment

Just to confirm i am indeed alive.

and also GENERAL ANEASTHETIC IS THE BEST THING EVER!

When i woke up its like the getting drunk, only backwards. totally incoherant and saying all sorts, and slowly got more sober after the next 20 mins.

as for the knee, well he's done what he can and shaved a load of carteledeg off the back of my kneecap. he took loads of photo's from inside my knee and it looked a bit knarly before he got the sander on it!

the worst bit is he said he's done alot to imporve it, but it'll never be perfect, and will slowly degenerate again over the years.

"just years of wear and tear" I'm 26 FFS!!!

anywho, got at least 3 weeks off (doc advise 6) playing call of duty on the Wii with my leg in the air.

cheers,

Martin

Comment

Working...
                              X