1st gen headlight conversion!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st gen headlight conversion!

hey people,ive just bought a 1989 surf in mint condition for peanuts but reallt dont like the headlights,side lights and grill.(round lights).what i want to no is can i convert the front end to the slant type headlight and better side lights easily?i no i will have to change the grill.the model is a 2.4 2lt ln130.can anyone help.i also need a rear bumper(including quaters) and an a bar if anyone has got one!

Originally posted by solberg1 View Post
    hey people,ive just bought a 1989 surf in mint condition for peanuts but reallt dont like the headlights,side lights and grill.(round lights).what i want to no is can i convert the front end to the slant type headlight and better side lights easily?i no i will have to change the grill.the model is a 2.4 2lt ln130.can anyone help.i also need a rear bumper(including quaters) and an a bar if anyone has got one!
    was a thread recently re doing the head lights, have a search for it. As for the bits look in the parts for sale section.
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

welcome dude
      any pics of ya hilux dude i would love to see it
      all ways wanted one
      am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Originally posted by JUDWAK View Post
        welcome dude
        any pics of ya hilux dude i would love to see it
        all ways wanted one
        Its a 2nd gen surf mate.

LN130 on an 1989 would be a pre facelift model... Stein being one of the most popular prefacelift models.

As for the question im not sure what options there are. I think the grille might mount in different places..

Theres plenty of people on here who will have the parts but some fabrication would be needed to get it to fit!

welcome to the site!

Comment

wodders r u saying i need a facelift.
          it can be done but you will need headlights,sidelights,front grill and front wings from a facelifted version as wodders said yours is a pre facelifted second gen,it should have oval headlights not round ones.heres what a first gen looks like.

www.overfab.uk

Comment

If you really want to do it, I have all those bits here (in a nice grey) and also the first foot of the body shell if it gets really complicated...
            it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein View Post
              I wasn't going to put it so blunt but ...

Your only a spring chicken aint ya?! Not one of the older wrinkley members like Mattf.. the ginger dildo!

Comment

Welcome to the nut house .....Beware the squirrel

' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
                  I wasn't going to put it so blunt but ...

Your only a spring chicken aint ya?! Not one of the older wrinkley members like Mattf.. the ginger dildo!
                  actually wodders i think you will find im about the same age as FATT F.i might actually be older.i havnt checked.
                  www.overfab.uk

Comment

actually wodders i think you will find im about the same age as FATT F.i might actually be older.i havnt checked.

Your older by 2 years ......... at least your younger than me

Comment

it can be done but you will need headlights,sidelights,front grill and front wings from a facelifted version as wodders said yours is a pre facelifted second gen,it should have oval headlights not round ones.heres what a first gen looks like.

dude thats the reason i want 1
                      thats the dogs b0ll0cks

Comment

Originally posted by JUDWAK View Post
                        dude thats the reason i want 1
                        thats the dogs b0ll0cks
                        No it's a first gen

Comment

Originally posted by BioHazard View Post
                          Your older by 2 years ......... at least your younger than me
                          Ah ok, so you might be older but i bet you haven't spent years frowning at pc screens uttering geek talk...

Hi matt!!

Comment

No he yells 'START YOU B!TCH' at engines

Comment

i saw it once printed on the wheel cover of a fortrak
                              i did post about it
                              it was the pic of it twisting up a mud track
                              its a top pic thats why i think that dude stole it to make his fortack look better

Comment

Working...
                              X