Yet another newbie...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet another newbie...

Hello all (or at least anyone who cares to read this). As of this weekend I'm the proud owner of a Hilux ('94 3L TD SSRX with 77,000 miles) - a first for me. Like the Hilux, I myself an am import -from Canada, and I arrived a year ago tomorrow. My wife (native English -she grew up in Northampton) and I live and work in the Kettering area.

My previous 4x4 ownership was a Jeep Cherokee back in Canada -which we sold in favour of a VW Jetta (2nd gen Golf with a boot - now called a Bora in the UK I think) as my wife had a hard enough time adapting to driving on the RHS, never mind switching from her Ka to an SUV.

No exotic plans for this vehicle -it'll primarily be a pavement princess - bought as a reliable means to tow motorcycles (KTM supermoto) and haul gear to race tracks -but I'm sure we'll make some excursions as well as camping etc.

My first question: The truck has been fitted with a new JVC head unit that plays DVD's. There's no monitor installed yet -but wondering if anyone has any pics/ideas for install locations (in the front) without any overly complex fabrication (I spend enough time ####ing about with motorcycles)?

Cheers,
    -Mike (the Canuck)
Working...
X