• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking forward to seeing the finished pics mate, will look the wotsnames
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
      Looking forward to seeing the finished pics mate, will look the wotsnames
      i hoping so Ian.It will be the only big truck around here so i'll get plenty of dirty looks i reacon
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
        Thanks Andy(growler) for collecting and keeping hold of them for me.
        Thanks Steve ( Phantom) for them .

I can't wait now to get them fitted
        No worries mate anytime Glad too see you got home in one piece

Was good to see you last night, just sorry i had to rush off this morning before you were ready to leave. Still all tucked up in nice comfy hotel in Drogheda now.

Getting ready for the mad run around scheduled for next week, Drogheda, Dublin, Bangor, Galway and finally Cork, before heading home via rosslare

Missus says your welcome any time, and is looking forward to seeing you again at end of month.

Comment

so are leaf springs better than coil ?.is a front axle on a hilux better than the surf setup ?. is a surf just a gay hilux

Comment

Originally posted by steve s View Post
            so are leaf springs better than coil ?.is a front axle on a hilux better than the surf setup ?. is a surf just a gay hilux
            well.... depends!

depends on what you want... comfortable road handling vs. sh!t road handling.

Surf wins that one..

off roading... the independant suspension set up on the surf is cr*p for proper extreme stuff..

Hilux wins... BUT not on stock leafs.. stock leafs are utter sh!t an dont flex.

Leafs are easier to go much higher in a lift but it depends what you want.

Trucks as tall as phantoms and what stormforces will be have practicality issues. Getting in the boot is a no go without a step ladder. An any tyre bigger then a 33" wont go into a surfs wheel arch. So you can have a sh!t load of flex but you wont want it because the tyres will trash the truck.

horses for courses really....

I LOVE the look of lifted trucks so any practicality issues for me.. i wouldn't care!

But if your going to run the mother in law to asdas every week it would be a pain in the ar$e.

Comment

what you think then

I just fitted the one to see what it looks like.The hi lift jack is only just taking the weight so 99% of the weight is on the wheel.By the time i get the 6" suspension Lift and 3" body lift the truck should look ok

Comment

i dont think they suit your surf, give them to me for mine muahahahaah

Comment

What are they Rich? 37s?

Steve S. Yes, Surf's are a gay hilux. Well, they're even gayer than that actually, especially in Burgundy pink.
                  Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

they are 38.5 x 14.5 x 16.5's Andy.Just a pity i have to get more lift done else i would of fitted all 4 today and left them on

Comment

like it richard and it will be practical when finished you'll be able to clean the windows of your house without a ladder saving money on window cleaning bills in 15 to 20 years the mods would have paid for themselves

Comment

Looking Good Rich ...

There's always a Payback .... Just don't expect a Warning !!!!
                        Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by steve s View Post
                          like it richard and it will be practical when finished you'll be able to clean the windows of your house without a ladder saving money on window cleaning bills in 15 to 20 years the mods would have paid for themselves
                          Don't say that to Mandy cause she'll say thats all the truck is worth

Originally posted by Diezel Weazel View Post
                          Looking Good Rich ...

Hopefully it's not going to be to long for my claim to be settled now and then all systems are go for the lift kits

Comment

just thinking you going to need even more drop [on the already extended] tow hitch..
                            sigos85@hotmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Diezel Weazel View Post
                              Looking Good Rich ...

harley davidson trike..................got pics

Comment

Originally posted by 286bhp View Post
                                just thinking you going to need even more drop [on the already extended] tow hitch..
                                not to bothered by the tow hitch as if i got to do any towing then the 33's will be put back on i think

Comment

Working...
                                X