• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FlySurfer - Edy.
    Ey ?@

They are winter duellers !
    No trouble so far and used in wet too !

Mind you I do drive with more care since my 90degree 30 mph transition the other month !

Tell me more before I find out to my own or someone elses expense!

Ron.
    You've answered your'e own question! 90degree 30 mph transition
    Oh, and I've never known tyres that wore out so quickly.
    Last edited by Pete; 29 April 2004, 19:45.

Comment

duellers

m8 i got them winter duelers on mine and oh my god lol in the wet or even damp scary aint the word i been trying to get bfg s but theres a shortage at present i cant wait to get m off me motor dangerous
      black n tan
      black n tan
      yes i am a dobermann man

Comment

Originally posted by Damian
        My tyres failed because they don't have a speed rating on them. They're Bridgestone winter duelers, so I spoke to Bridgestone UK technical and a very nice man is looking into it for me, hopefully he can produce a certificate to say that they're OK, if not I'll buy some Bronco 'beefcakes' for off roading!

My other and frankly more baffling failure is that the hole that's in the middle of the rear bumper, (used to access the spare) needs to be filled with a bung. Where the heck do I find a oval shaped gromet???

Suggestions on a postcard.........

I've got my re-test for next Tuesday so not long to wait!

Cheers, Damian.

I think the guy on the SVA test is being a right w****r. Obviously the garage may have bunged mine up for the SVA but when I picked up the beast there is no bung in the rear hole for the lowering of the spare..and I have the external wheel carrier on the back!
        Gaz

Comment

Just heard back from Bridgestone UK, they've confirmed that they pass the SVA requirements, PHEWWWW!

I'm not really that surprised that they wear quickly, have you felt them? They're soft as owt!

As for the 'bung', think I'll get a length of 10mm o-ring cord, slice it and wedge it in!

Cheers guys!
          Damian

http://www.themudlife.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Pete
            You've answered your'e own question! 90degree 30 mph transition
            Oh, and I've never known tyres that wore out so quickly.
            LMAO ! The 90 degree slide was with BFG AT's on !!!

I tried to slide the back end on the way home last night and I swear, the body moved more than the wheels did. felt the back nearside shock go limp and no wheel slides.

Is it possible that your duellers were old and hard ? and mine are softer compound ? Confoooosed !

Ron.
            Nili secundum desperandum

Comment

Originally posted by slydog
              m8 i got them winter duelers on mine and oh my god lol in the wet or even damp scary aint the word i been trying to get bfg s but theres a shortage at present i cant wait to get m off me motor dangerous
              Mark - theres no shortage of BFG's down our way - let me know if you want me to pick you up some. I can send them up to you by Tony mail to herts/essex border if you can collect from there...
              Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Wahooo!! She passed the SVA today!! MOT on Friday then it's over to the reg office to fill in some forms etc.

Can't buy my wish list yet though, KL's being made redundant soon so gotta save some pennies!

Damian.
                Damian

http://www.themudlife.co.uk

Comment

congrats on the SVA mate. i bet you cant wait to get it dirty
                  Last edited by marky; 4 May 2004, 21:50.
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                  (")_(")

Comment

Working...
                  X