Failed the SVA......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Failed the SVA......

My tyres failed because they don't have a speed rating on them. They're Bridgestone winter duelers, so I spoke to Bridgestone UK technical and a very nice man is looking into it for me, hopefully he can produce a certificate to say that they're OK, if not I'll buy some Bronco 'beefcakes' for off roading!

My other and frankly more baffling failure is that the hole that's in the middle of the rear bumper, (used to access the spare) needs to be filled with a bung. Where the heck do I find a oval shaped gromet???

Suggestions on a postcard.........

I've got my re-test for next Tuesday so not long to wait!

Cheers, Damian.
    Damian

http://www.themudlife.co.uk

You'll need to carry spare undies with you for wet weather if you keep the winter duellers on, as they are scary.

Pete

Comment

Not much wet weather in our neck of the woods, eh Pete? (LOL) By the way, I took a wrong turning in Bury last week and came across a huge Surf, blue it was, with a lift, tyres stuck out for about 300yrds!! Not yours is it?

Damian.
      Damian

Comment

Originally posted by Damian
        Not much wet weather in our neck of the woods, eh Pete? (LOL) By the way, I took a wrong turning in Bury last week and came across a huge Surf, blue it was, with a lift, tyres stuck out for about 300yrds!! Not yours is it?

Damian.
        No mate, wish it was though!!! Mines wine over grey, with wrap round b/bar and yelow spots. It's the mini roundabouts that find out how good or bad you're tyres are, and there's no shortage of them!!
        Pete

Comment

My tyres failed because they don't have a speed rating on them. They're Bridgestone winter duelers, so I spoke to Bridgestone UK technical and a very nice man is looking into it for me, hopefully he can produce a certificate to say that they're OK, if not I'll buy some Bronco 'beefcakes' for off roading!

My other and frankly more baffling failure is that the hole that's in the middle of the rear bumper, (used to access the spare) needs to be filled with a bung. Where the heck do I find a oval shaped gromet???

Cheers, Damian.
          Your SVA tester may be a bit of 'bunghole' (bevis and butthead...); I have a UK 4runner, it has a hole in the rear bumper to access the spare, and i've never seen one with a 'bung' in.

TP, TP, TP for my bunghole, hehehehehe

Comment

Originally posted by Pete
            You'll need to carry spare undies with you for wet weather if you keep the winter duellers on, as they are scary.

Pete
            Hey Pete man,

Whats so scary bout the Duellers ? I got em on mine and so far so good - would love to know before I find out alone !

Cheers.

R.
            Nili secundum desperandum

Comment

Look in DIY shops etc for a soild bit of rubber (bath plug etc) and cut it to shape yourself.
              Also pick up a large round bung and give it to the inspector so as he can shove it up his **** to stop him filling the place up with bull****.
              Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
              My choice
              Back off

Comment

i've heard from several sources (kitcar builders and other importers) that some SVA testers can be a bunch of jobsworths making you jump through hoops for no real reason

Originally posted by turbotommy
                Your SVA tester may be a bit of 'bunghole' (bevis and butthead...); I have a UK 4runner, it has a hole in the rear bumper to access the spare, and i've never seen one with a 'bung' in.

TP, TP, TP for my bunghole, hehehehehe
                [I][B][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]1993 SSR-X 2.4[/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/I]

Comment

I've got duellers on mine and lets just say you have to drive with a bit of care ( no sharp braking or sudden turns ) in the wet !

Richard.

Comment

Originally posted by FlySurfer - Edy.
                    Hey Pete man,

Whats so scary bout the Duellers ? I got em on mine and so far so good - would love to know before I find out alone !

Cheers.

R.
                    There are many 'Duellers', I'm only refering to the 'Winter' variety. If you've got them on, you'll find out soon enough!!!!!!!!!!
                    Pete

Comment

I once had a series 3 LWB Lannie on opposite lock whilst driving around a bend - that was fun!! Can't wait to try it with a 3 ltr TD ....... NOT!
                      Damian

Comment

Originally posted by Pete
                        There are many 'Duellers', I'm only refering to the 'Winter' variety. If you've got them on, you'll find out soon enough!!!!!!!!!!
                        Pete
                        Ey ?@

They are winter duellers !
                        No trouble so far and used in wet too !

Mind you I do drive with more care since my 90degree 30 mph transition the other month !

Tell me more before I find out to my own or someone elses expense!

Ron.
                        Nili secundum desperandum

Comment

Damian.
                          It might have been me as i was in bury last week & ive got my big boots on at the moment to preserve my BRONCO rubber for offroad activities
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                          (")_(")

Comment

Cheers, Damian.
                            stick some black plastacine in it. Why? its not on the front of the vehicle so it wont harm anyone. JOBSWORTH
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                            (")_(")

Comment

It's a load of ******** if they say that it's dangerous,how could you cut your self on the hole,just dont stick your fingers in it .

I got some plastic pipe and split it down the length,and then just ran it round the edge of the hole.

Comment

Working...
                              X