Milners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Milners

Well i have found out what is causing the dodgy steering on my truck, it seems that the lower near side ball joint is fubar. I am right in thinking that i should not be able to lift the break disk up and down i understand that there is a max of 5mm of play, if this is right mine moves 10-15mm. Now my question is do milners replace stuff if it fails within the 1st year? Both ball joints were replaced by Tony N about 9 months ago.
    SWIFT AND BOLD

Holy feck...

Thats pretty bad!!

I'd give them a call mate. But i'd go roughtrax for the new parts. Milners will be the same old junk an last 9 months again!!

Comment

thanks Rod i am right in tinking that there should be no play at all in them, I think milners and roughtrax nox do the same part.
      SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

ROUGHTRAX always use Superior Quality parts to Milners especially IDLER ARMS & BEARINGS
        (\__/)
        (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
        (")_(")

Comment

Milners used to state all parts guarunteed for 12 Months
          (\__/)
          (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
          (")_(")

Comment

some milners parts are genuine toyota , i think they had a g in the part number, the trouble is since they changed the website you cannnot see the part number
            Last edited by BioHazard; 10 January 2009, 18:32.
            ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Originally posted by charvell View Post
              thanks Rod i am right in tinking that there should be no play at all in them, I think milners and roughtrax nox do the same part.
              I'd expect no play in the set up mate.

anything at all would be detrimental to any aspect of steering and suspension.

Get on the phone to milners monday morning and talk over refund for premature failure etc.

Then spend your money at roughtrax.

You do pay a little more but its always spot on... milners seem a bit hit and miss.

Comment

I have the Milners parts and price list on my pc, if you send me an email address i'll sent it to you(free of charge) and no play in it at all.

The Milners web site may have changed but the part No.s should still be ok

Cheers
                Paul

Comment

Thanks guys. I will let you know what they say
                  SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Ok guys spoke to milners today and they are replacing the lower ball joint foc no hassle at all. So thats sorted.
                    SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Working...
                    X