Another Lucifer update.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Phantom 18 View Post
    I got over the bottom angle by turning my 2.4 rad upside down. Just hope its going to work ok.
    brilliant idea for the rad,why cant you find a dizzy, rover sd1 is very simple 2 wires from dizzy to ign amp then coil then + ignition feed, i must admit when i done mine i bought complete vittesse so had lots of donor parts. your lucky with your big lift i had to fab the sump,lower the front and rear mounts on the diff, grind some of the casing down, done a 2 1/2 inch lift on the gear box and fabbed a slim crossmember that was one of the best mods ive done for off roading used to bottom out so much i was thinking of getting rid, welded up the front diff but was going through to many drive shafts when we got air bound, dont know what you are doing for your headers but i have another pair of p6 manifolds, which were a god send for me, they bolted to v8 landrover downpipes,the rest of the exhaust with angled bends and y pieces come from a firm online forgot the name but bushwacer knows it , 2 surf fans on the front with a skoda fan switch that bolts straight into the rover manifold, 2.4 temp sender also screws into the thermostat housing with a little persuasion, do you want me to find some more pics
    JAP4X4PART ¬ THE BIGGEST SURF BREAKER IN THE UK ¬

Comment

Got it back on the big wheels and the alloy header tank fitted.
      Still need a distributor and a prop ( hopefuly Lord Lucan has that sorted).

Here's another one we are playing with at the moment.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=XtgmWreLunk
      hey gr8 looking tuck.
      did u make the light bar?
      sigos85@hotmail.com

Comment

Whoa I'm liking that.
        ty matey,loads more comin,its just havinthe time

Comment

Originally posted by lord lucan View Post
          brilliant idea for the rad,why cant you find a dizzy, rover sd1 is very simple 2 wires from dizzy to ign amp then coil then + ignition feed, i must admit when i done mine i bought complete vittesse so had lots of donor parts. your lucky with your big lift i had to fab the sump,lower the front and rear mounts on the diff, grind some of the casing down, done a 2 1/2 inch lift on the gear box and fabbed a slim crossmember that was one of the best mods ive done for off roading used to bottom out so much i was thinking of getting rid, welded up the front diff but was going through to many drive shafts when we got air bound, dont know what you are doing for your headers but i have another pair of p6 manifolds, which were a god send for me, they bolted to v8 landrover downpipes,the rest of the exhaust with angled bends and y pieces come from a firm online forgot the name but bushwacer knows it , 2 surf fans on the front with a skoda fan switch that bolts straight into the rover manifold, 2.4 temp sender also screws into the thermostat housing with a little persuasion, do you want me to find some more pics
          Yeah would love to see some more pics. I used mgbv8 block hugger headers from rpi. They were perfect.

How do you fit 2 Surf fans where 1 Surf fan was. I was going to buy a 16" slimline fan off eblag and just wire it to a manual switch. I have a dizzy it just needs replacing.
          Last edited by Phantom; 9 January 2009, 22:33.
          monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

Originally posted by 286bhp View Post
            hey gr8 looking tuck.
            did u make the light bar?
            No I bought it on the internet somewhere but for the life of me can't remember where.
            monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

Yeah would love to see some more pics. I used mgbv8 block hugger headers from rpi. They were perfect.

How do you fit 2 Surf fans where 1 Surf fan was. I was going to buy a 16" slimline fan off eblag and just wire it to a manual switch. I have a dizzy it just needs replacing.
              fans fit side by side on the front
              [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q99/lordlucan_photo/P1010003-2.j
              pg[/IMG]
              handbrake mod

power steering pump bracket

Comment

Why you have to mod the handbrake I dint do anything to mine and it works perfect.
                monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

[QUOTE=Phantom 18;518229]Yeah would love to see some more pics. I used mgbv8 block hugger headers from rpi. They were perfect.

handbrake mod

power steering pump bracket
                  corner cut out of sump

engine mount

better pic of lump

Comment

Wow looks like a right ball ache that was. A 6" body lift and and a 6"suspension lift you could have eliminated most of them problems.
                    monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

Working...
                    X