Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get a boot from a live-earth fault...

Rubbish.
    I used to test plugs and sockets for the Electrical Research Association (ERA) in Leatherhead ( my first real job) and I agree British plugs are the safest in the world - these covers are a danger I have never allowed there use for my two kids.
    As far as getting a belt from a live to earth fault, not possible as electricity will always follow the route of least resistance and in a live to earth fault this is guaranteed NOT to be you! the anti-static strap kits should AWAYS be plugged via a safe and tested earth that is certified. Was . the length of copper pole banged into the earth in the other post here been properly tested for it's suitability as a safety earth???
    Nissan Patrol for on-road, and a Land-Rover 110 shed for off-road :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Smego2 View Post
      Get a boot from a live-earth fault...

Rubbish.
      I used to test plugs and sockets for the Electrical Research Association (ERA) in Leatherhead ( my first real job) and I agree British plugs are the safest in the world - these covers are a danger I have never allowed there use for my two kids.
      As far as getting a belt from a live to earth fault, not possible as electricity will always follow the route of least resistance and in a live to earth fault this is guaranteed NOT to be you! the anti-static strap kits should AWAYS be plugged via a safe and tested earth that is certified. Was . the length of copper pole banged into the earth in the other post here been properly tested for it's suitability as a safety earth???
      Hehee!!... you've never poured a bucket of water on an earth stake to get a good reading!...

the ELCB "SHOULD" trip within milliseconds, the current "SHOULD" pass to earth via the earth point...

I've touched machines and felt a tingle where they've had a slight fault... imagine that being attached to you wrist!
      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Is this a vested interest group funded from my taxes?
        I would expect them to find fault with anything to justify their jobs and funding.

Surely small children should not be playing with paper clips. Would they not prefer to put these in their mouths rather than try to circumvent a safety cover?

Comment

Despite what Smego says i would'nt trust plugging a wrist strap into the mains earth and no i did'nt test the copper rod i banged in, would'nt know how, but i do know i'd sooner f##k up an electronic kit than get a wack off the mains, i've got belts from water pipes, appliances, switch covers and dont take chances with it, gas and water i'm fine with but that electrickery hurts
          Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
            Despite what Smego says i would'nt trust plugging a wrist strap into the mains earth and no i did'nt test the copper rod i banged in, would'nt know how, but i do know i'd sooner f##k up an electronic kit than get a wack off the mains, i've got belts from water pipes, appliances, switch covers and dont take chances with it, gas and water i'm fine with but that electrickery hurts
            electricity is fun!just have to treat it with respect,and plugging wristbands into sockets???umm no i'm fine ty,as for the socket covers,as said a few posts above,kids playing with paper clips?straightening them out?maybe i'm odd but generally my kids do what they are told,and they know the covers are there for a reason,bit like saying cars are flawed cause kids have access to the keys

Comment

Working...
            X