No announcement yet.

Who can explain some photo stuff to me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

andy have you tried changing the point of focus. it may help to keep the dog or moving object in focus.

read the manual man lmao

Comment

Originally posted by wolf View Post
      andy have you tried changing the point of focus. it may help to keep the dog or moving object in focus.

read the manual man lmao
      Read the what???

With the dogs, it's hard to change the focal point for the shot as I want to get the view at a certain point - so may play at the next practice with a few options....

As for compatibility, I've got an Olympus E-410, with OM and T2 adaptor rings so I can use Olympus OM and Nikon/other T2 lenses
      Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

i have never been so happy since the digital,aotomatic point and click thing came along...hows the back btw old love ?
        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer View Post
          Right - so if I'm shooting something ≈ 10m away, and use f4.5 for example, I should still get some of the background in as well, and more light, as the aperture is larger - but if I took the same shot at f8, the aperture is smaller, less light comes in and I get less of the background in focus?

The reason I want to understand this is I'm buying some manual focus lenses to use at dog agility competitions, set the focus on a piece of equipment, set the camera up manually, then when the dogs go through/over the equipment, I get high speed shots (usually 1/320 or 1/500 ISO400) that should be blur free, but light enough, but also not have too much background - I'm going for manual focus lenses on the D-SLR as I can't be bothered with the faff of having the AF constantly range finding as the dog moves and slowing down the shot and I know I can set the AF lense manually, but not that well, and the MF lenses are a fraction of the cost for telephoto ones on AF D-SLRs...
          What camera mount/system have you got? As long as it's not Canon I have a few old MF lenses going spare.

Comment

andy have you tried taking the pic of the dogs in the sports mode.

Comment

Originally posted by wolf View Post
              andy have you tried taking the pic of the dogs in the sports mode.
              Originally posted by laser_jock99 View Post
              What camera mount/system have you got? As long as it's not Canon I have a few old MF lenses going spare.
              I'm using an Olympus E-410 with a 4/3 mount, and have an OM and T2 adapter for it...

Sports mode still has a lot of blur, there is a setting I've used that reduces that, but the lense doesn't allow me to focus fully on the area I want, hence the change to MF lenses...
              Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer View Post
                I'm using an Olympus E-410 with a 4/3 mount, and have an OM and T2 adapter for it...
                If you have the OM adaptor, it would probably be worth picking up a 50mm f/1.8 Zuiko lens off ebay - it was the standard kit lens for the OM10 and other Olympus SLRs, so made in large quantity but actually a very good lens. Even if you don't end up using it much, at £5ish that they're a good place to start playing.
                Andy
                http://www.surfingafrica.net

Comment

Working...
                X