Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• one was rather miffed after reading this

so i sent this......

with reference to a bystander and roger fairclough (tor dec 08),well done "bystander" whoever you were/are.
    firstly most vehicles had not gone round, till first vehicle was winched along aprroximately 30 feet,but as an anonymous observer your factually incorrect
    observation is of no concern to me.Roger fairclough on the other hand..what can i say.i was not "leading" a group of eleven vehicles,
    i was in fact round about number 9 in the 2nd group......yes second group.if he cares to read the account again,he may find that the separate groups of vehicles had no choice but to turn into a large static group,as we were in that posistion for about two hours.we are well aware that we need to travel in small groups,but when a 2 hour hold up occurs does he not think we might get ourselves jammed up.....happens on the motorways all the time.perhaps he may feel like castigating the other group coming the other way,who them selves were in small groups but because of the hold up amassed into a larger group.perhaps mr roger fairclough would care to comment,but more appropriately...but i doubt it.he seems typical of my perception of glass.on several occasions i have been encouraged to join glass to represent my views within the green lane /offroad community.i felt that that as a responsible off road driver,i didnt need to join what i felt was then,and since reading roger faircloughs reply seem certain of, is an outmoded ineffectual,organisation.in10 years of offroading,i have not seen an instance whereby glass have made a difference for me,the tro's still occur,the backbiting continues and someone like roger fairclough cannot interpret a simple deed,instead turning it in our selves.perhaps his ineffectiveness could be put to better use,get him to join the ramblers association
    Non intercooled nothing.

HEHE yeh nice ay.....
    One day at the time I guess..

Comment

Very nicely done Mr200

Comment

Originally posted by biosurf View Post
        Very nicely done Mr200
        thanks squire.
        i recalled a chat we had during the lift,when you were invited to join glass,by some women who later quit,citing egoism,i do believe.i was not terribly impressed by there ineffectiveness,but this chap takes ignorance of the facts to a new height
        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Nicely done Gra, i remember Paul's conversation too.
          (needless to say, won't be re-newing my GLASS membership)

Alan
          www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

Very nicely done, veryyy diplo matic ole' chap

There's always a Payback .... Just don't expect a warning !!!!
            Buncefield Burner

Comment

I already responded in an email to TOR on the day i got my copy Gra. It was, factually, almost exactly the same as yours!
              Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Nicely put you pinkist, but may i just draw your attention to a few mistakes in the punctuation................... .............It did however make me giggle when i read the letter in dec's TOR.I thought you might be replying to it.
                www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein View Post
                  Nicely put you pinkist, but may i just draw your attention to a few mistakes in the punctuation................... .............It did however make me giggle when i read the letter in dec's TOR.I thought you might be replying to it.
                  A few mistakes?

Comment

nicely put pooh man ,wonder if they will print it ???
                    Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

what are you replying to??.... do i need to go buy a TOR to find out??
                      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

hehe i would like to see pics may be, and the thread that started that response
                        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

this whole sorry saga has really gotten my goat.a quick potted history thus:
                          we were on strata florida,(in TWO groups). we happened upon a couple of vehicles on their side.we tried going round,but only two made it,boyo and blackpool sparks.the ground ran away so much that it was a bit to dangerous,with the possibility of rolling a surf a real option.we eventually winched the first vehicle about 30 feet forward and using boyo and bpool sparks as a land anchor righted the first vehicle,we then had a flat enough bit of ground to go round them.during the winching one of the miscreants said "i thought you might just push them down the hill"
                          i replied that they should be arrested for their gross idiocy,a minor verbal altercation occured when the chap got told to f**k off before i disconnected and left it there.
                          i read in that months tor of a chap who was threatened with violence by two vehicle drivers,who were "off piste". i recognised the vehicles as the ones we had found.the tor editorial staff confirmed them as the same.
                          i made an official complaint to the police regarding their conduct and their cars non road worthiness.the police dealt with this complaint and gave us a telephone number,a point of contact,which we obtained ourselves.
                          cue this months tor.

"a bystander" adds their 6 eggs..well "a bystander" thats what you were a bystander..get your facts right,or rack off.
                          but the glass rep...what can i say, he put two and two together and made 78.he is typical of an outmoded,outdated organisation that has lots of tea and biccies at their committe meetings but does owt else.a member on here has had dealings with their complete ineffectuality.
                          the bottom line is,these idiots were very much in the wrong,we were in the right,acting responsibly and some bloke from some crud organisation gives me the beans,saying im a hypocrite!!.
                          i have off roaded for about ten years,i have never been a complete saint,but never,ever behaved this irresponsibly.i have cleared local lanes,driven with the local parks warden,and have been given carte blanche to enter various loactions as im deemed "sensible"
                          all my local offroading is taken with advice from either ud trev(who has the row officers number on speed dial),or nero 279 who organises a completely licit and thouroghly good LEGAL day out
                          so to "a bystander" ...just get lost idiot
                          and to mr roger fairclough,warwickshire glass rep,consider this.i have thus far managed to offroad without your intervention,advice and of course your condescending invective.if you want to make a difference,concentrate on important issues,like tro's and our ever decreasing access to green lanes.try making a REAL difference,not just picking on some percieved slight,getting it TOTALLY wrong and then go back to your tea and biscuits and endless committe meetings
                          Last edited by gwh200; 7 January 2009, 11:42.
                          Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Wow Gra! You were even angrier than me!
                            Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Look at the time on his post Andy!!
                              Obviously not had his regulation intake of coffee yet, i'd say by the tone of that he must be a good 4 or 5 cups short!

Alan
                              www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X