Dilema

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marky they(DVLA) are well know for FCUK ups
    After I bought my first Truck in 2001, the Logbook took 6 months to get hold of, it took me lots of phoning n writing a couple o' letters......
    I think ya need to write to DVLA with the date ya purchased the Clio n explain the situation, (eg.filled in Logbook when purchased n sent to DVLA n ya stilll waiting for it, what's the hold up) tell em ya expect it in 2-6 weeks .... as they FCUKed up between em ...
    Send it Recorded
    Good Luck
    Jess

There's always a Payback .... Just don't expect a warning !!!!
    Buncefield Burner

Comment

Your insurance won't be valid if the car's not in your name... it's in the small print!
      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man View Post
        Your insurance won't be valid if the car's not in your name... it's in the small print!
        You sure? I've insured and taxed more than one car that wasn't registered to me.
        Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
          You sure? I've insured and taxed more than one car that wasn't registered to me.
          it's one of the questions that they ask when you take out a policy... you need to tell them if the car's on HP too, as it's technically not your car until you've paid for it.

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man View Post
            it's one of the questions that they ask when you take out a policy... you need to tell them if the car's on HP too, as it's technically not your car until you've paid for it.
            That's the registered owner/keeper thing is it not? The owner, be it yer mum, HP 'R' US, the bloke round the corner or the bank, is not always the registered keeper. It's the keeper that is insured, not the owner.
            Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

yeah, but if you've said that you're the registered owner and you're not, then the insurance is invalid.

if i wanted to insure myself on my mothers car, then i would have to tell them it was her car.

Comment

I was thinking about bringing the same point up.

I was going to say that Markys wife wouldn't be covered because its not in her name.. but then i wondered about the 3rd party only cover on driving someone elses car... That would mean shes still covered in a strange a$$ about face kinda way?!

Personally i would not have touched it till the reg had been sorted so there was no delay on the log book etc.

Nearly got a L200 a while back but the guy wanted me to work for him to pay off half of what he wanted for the truck.. I'd have just been screwed over working for free an getting no truck!

Comment

on a plus side... the original owner will get the fine for no tax!!

Comment

Working...
                  X