Environment vs Air Con?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
    I just happened to mention my air con to the local ice cream man. He said, "Bring it to the workshop."They regassed it for £45.00. Only problem now is if I blow the horn it plays Popeye The Sailor Man.
    Kitesurf, i've just read this, and you crack me up! keep up the good work.

Comment

aircon leak

Kitesurf is correct. If you dont use your aircon for lengthy periods the seals will dry and they will let gas escape and in our country its easy to forget to put it on for that short run every week as most of the year you cant wait for the heater to start blowing warm air. I lived in the Gulf for a number of years and aircon on full blast is a permanent feature. Result is car rarely needs a top up

Bogus
      Сви можемо

Comment

Mr Hankey

Where you moving to on Scillies?

I used to fly the Skybus aircraft to St Marys. Luvly place to live.
        You won't be needing any more MOT's!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lomcevac

You won't be needing any more MOT's!!!
          You won't need aircon either......

Comment

Originally posted by laser_jock99
            You won't need aircon either......
            In fact you could probably get by on the Scillies without a car! Why not just get a boat!!

As Lomcevac say's it's a fantastic place to live.
            Last edited by laser_jock99; 18 July 2005, 22:54.

Comment

How can I tell what gas is fitted to my Surf air con? I pushed the valve and got a light breath so it's pretty much empty. The car has been standing for best part of a year, so the seals are probably dried out and I don't know when or if the air con was used before that.

Comment

There should be a sticker on the slam panel

Comment

what truck have you got as some of the kzn130's have got the newer gas but the 2.4 ln130s have the old gas and will need the seals renewed and to have the newer gas,well its something like that anyway
                  https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

"Final bill £737"

this is why my truck never goes near a garage unless it's MOT time.
                    Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
                      what truck have you got as some of the kzn130's have got the newer gas but the 2.4 ln130s have the old gas and will need the seals renewed and to have the newer gas,well its something like that anyway
                      Its a 93 Gen.2 ssrx

Comment

A/C Regassing?

If you know anyone going to the US or can find it on the net get an a/c recharge kit.
                        Most US auto parts suppliers sell the kit which is normally a couple of cans of the gas you need, the filling trigger controlled fill unit, adaptor for the valve unit on the car which is universal complete with the gauge so you can see how much is in the system.
                        The gauge has pressures from 0 to 70 or 80 psi.
                        About 40 to 45 psi with the unit running is good.
                        I took an other kit back with me a couple of weeks ago and the kit with two cans cost $45 which is about £24.
                        You can get a kit for $18 upwards
                        The kit I got also had an ultra violet pen torch so that you could find any leaks as there is a dye marker in the liquid to show up if you have a leak.
                        I topped mine up last week and only used 3/4 of one can and the A/C is back to 100% and the air at the vent is running at 40 degrees F nice and cool.
                        I found this item number on Ebay.com ( the US site) and it is worth a look see as the unit will do R12 and 134A have a butchers. Price is good also less then £25. E-bay item no. 230248179292

Mike
                        Last edited by muller1; 4 May 2008, 09:11.

Comment

Watch this. Only after you have confirmed the bid and try to pay does the postage rocket from $9.99 to $45.00!

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
                            There should be a sticker on the slam panel
                            I cannot find any stickers anywhere. Would I be right in assuming K12 in a 93 truck? I also see conflicting information regarding R12 and R134A. Are these compatible after draining the R12 or do the seals need changing?

Comment

Originally posted by SoundsDigital View Post
                              I cannot find any stickers anywhere. Would I be right in assuming K12 in a 93 truck? I also see conflicting information regarding R12 and R134A. Are these compatible after draining the R12 or do the seals need changing?
                              i am almost certain the seals need changing to have the R134A
                              https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Working...
                              X