This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• steering problem

Hey guys and gals. My truck has developed a steering problem, when you are driving along the steering feels really heavy and seems to shimmy for want of a better word. When it is stationary the steering feels fine. I have been under the truck and pulled, pushed and wobbled everything i can, but it all seems ok. So, could it be trye damage or tracking? any advice would be good.

Colin
    SWIFT AND BOLD

checked the fluid level?

Comment

Yes mate all good, as i say when the car is not moving the steering is normal with no restrictions.

Colin
      SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

so anyone got any ideas?
        SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

You may have lost a balance weight from a wheel or they may need balancing due to wear, does the effect change at different speeds.

Comment

Check your tyre pressure, brakes, steering idler arm, ball joints etc....
            Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

switch your wheels around
              Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer View Post
                Check your tyre pressure, brakes, steering idler arm, ball joints etc....
                3rd gen andy
                Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Thanks guys had the tracking checked today, it was out and it feels better now it has been adjusted, but still does not feel right, so i am going to do as Joker suggests and swop front to back. I will let you know

Colin
                  SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Working...
                  X