using wvo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• using wvo

hi this is my first thread on this site after 2years of reading listening to others mates saying its ok to use wvo or new oil straight in the tank in about 10 - 20% per tank of deisel ,probably not worth putting im new oil now deisel is at 84p ive looked on other veg sites and they all say different info dont know what to do my vehicle is a 94 ssrx 2.4 td surf with 85k on the clock, also a lot of mates are saying the 2.4 blows the head about 85k should i sell now and get the 3.0l is it all doom and gloom for the 2.4. any help with these matters would be very much appreicated, im based at redruth cornwall.cheers.

Originally posted by robbie View Post
    hi this is my first thread on this site after 2years of reading listening to others mates saying its ok to use wvo or new oil straight in the tank in about 10 - 20% per tank of deisel ,probably not worth putting im new oil now deisel is at 84p ive looked on other veg sites and they all say different info dont know what to do my vehicle is a 94 ssrx 2.4 td surf with 85k on the clock, also a lot of mates are saying the 2.4 blows the head about 85k should i sell now and get the 3.0l is it all doom and gloom for the 2.4. any help with these matters would be very much appreicated, im based at redruth cornwall.cheers.
    Where the hell are you getting diesel at 84p a litre?
    'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
      Where the hell are you getting diesel at 84p a litre?
      sorry it should have read 99.9p ,have you still got alloys for sale.?

Comment

must be the red stuf

Comment

sorry it should have read 99.9p ,have you still got alloys for sale.?
          Yes mate. They are still for sale.
          'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Originally posted by steve s View Post
            must be the red stuf
            ive started on the wrong footing here

Comment

Hi and welcome to the forum. Shouldn't worry too much about putting your foot in it as we have all done that at some time or the other. Bet some one comes out and posts differently though

Comment

Originally posted by Growler View Post
                Shouldn't worry too much about putting your foot in it as we have all done that at some time or the other. Bet some one comes out and posts differently though
                Even I have to admit to having done that twice within my time on here.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
                  Even I have to admit to having done that twice within my time on here.
                  Your therapist will be pleased, looks like you,ve made a breakthrough.

Bogus
                  Сви можемо

Comment

Originally posted by Bogus View Post

Bogus
                    Dream on.

Comment

Originally posted by Bogus View Post

Bogus
                      your joking the northern jessie's therapist has a therapist now thanks to him
                      Enjoying Life after Cancer
                      Pops

Comment

Hello and welcome Robbie, and dont worry about starting on the wrong foot, we've all done it at some time or other even the mighty!!
                        as for wvo just filter it well and add a little white spirit or unleaded to help thin it, i stick 2lt or so in a 25lt can, if you go half and half with derv in the winter ya should be ok and less derv in the summer, i'm just about to set up a decent filtering system from the link below, same as apache's set up i think,
                        a 50 micron and then a 10 micron plus a pre straining to get the bits of onion bajee and popadom out, i'll post some pics when it's up and running
                        http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=230314971226
                        Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Ideally you want to make sure that you get all the water out of the oil first too. Either let the oil settle and only take the good oil off the top of the container or bung it in an oil drum with an immersion heater fitted in it, heat it up to 60 degrees for a few hours and leave to settle for a couple of weeks, drain the water and crud off the bottom and then filter.

Have a look at vegetableoildiesel.co.uk for detailed info and there is a sticky thread on this forum with a lot of detail about using veg here http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=15893

Comment

please educate me if cooking oil is only a matter of pennies cheaper than real diesel and eventually it cotes the inside of the injectors and it makes you truck smell like an old chip fat fryer and as for saving the planet (SELL THE TRUCK AND GO OFF ROADING ON A MOUNTIN BIKE) wot is the reason for using it

Comment

Cos waste oil is generally free not a few pennies less than diesel?

I dont bother with new oil anymore, though I used to when I could get it for ~50p a litre when diesel was ~£1 a litre. As you say, now it's about on par so isn't worth the hassle.

I'm not using it during cold weather, not even blended with diesel. I'm stockpiling it for the summer

Oh, and the smell is much preferable to that of diesel fumes - and less toxic.
                              Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Working...
                              X