Trouble free motoring.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble free motoring.....

Just to let you know that we have now had one week of completely trouble free motoring.....

Can't remember who said it (Lucky??) that everyone puts probs, moans and rants on here so all you see posted is the bad bits and no-one puts the good bits... so here I am....

Admittedly, this trouble free week comes after two weeks in the garage and three heads..... but..... just goes to show even the biggest looking probs work out OK....

All is well in Sussex Surfdom......

As you were......
    Had enough... going to live in Spain....

Originally posted by Helen
    Just to let you know that we have now had one week of completely trouble free motoring.....

Can't remember who said it (Lucky??) that everyone puts probs, moans and rants on here so all you see posted is the bad bits and no-one puts the good bits... so here I am....

Admittedly, this trouble free week comes after two weeks in the garage and three heads..... but..... just goes to show even the biggest looking probs work out OK....

All is well in Sussex Surfdom......

As you were......
    But you live in Surrey??????????????????

Comment

Originally posted by andy
      But you live in Surrey??????????????????
      I am , yes

But, Tom had Surf with him while having a week off, working on his house which is in.....

Sussex.... (Shoreham)
      Had enough... going to live in Spain....

Comment

Good news, nice to here that (touching wood) it is all sorted now.

If it carries on like this I think in a couple of weeks you will probably be able to breath again. I was like that for the first couple of weeks after I did my cylinder head - had a bit of a false start when the threads stripped on my alternator bracket and caused the belt to come loose and it overheated (huge panic then).

I now can drive around pretty much without even worrying about things any more.

Cheers and happy surfing.

Comment

Tempting Fate

Well, if we are being positive about Surfs (and 2.4td in particular) then my car needs to be praised - so I am going to give it some.

I've had 6 months of totally trouble free motoring. No problems and the only thing I have bought for the car is oil + filters, screen wash and an 80 amp fuse for the glow plugs.

I've done several 300 mile+ trips - so well done my car!!

Rob

Comment

Our 2.4 has given us no problems at all for the last 2 months!!! And Naturally the Black Bullet is as reliable as ever....
            Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

weve had our surf 1 week and 3 days, and love the great big burgundy beauty to bits, weve done just over 400 klicks in it and had no probs but it is still under warranty so will have to wait and see but even if anything did happen i would get the girl sorted and on the road again, why because we love her
              if a politition is talking its lying

Comment

I'm Not Superstitious- Touch Wood!

Had mine 10 months now. Gave her an oil change tonight and taking her camping for the weekend. A few minor niggles- most self inflicted. Now I have forked out for Green Flag Mayday ( Car and caravan breakdown/recovery ) I will probably not need them. Previously I have only broken down when not covered.
                Anyway, as long as I have my rabbits foot on my keyring it'll be OK.
                It's only a hobby!

Comment

Nearly 20,000km (12,300mi) and 10 months since I got mine and it's never let me down yet. It's had the front shocks replaced but I knew they were dodgy when I bought it and got them replaced under warranty. The same goes for the electric aerial.
                  Fingers crossed...!

Comment

same here, just over a week, 400 miles, to work, Anglesey and a splash of off-road.... everything is fine (touch wood)

but on my list of 'to-do' items:

- replace tyres, old japanese tyres = bad (we managed to drift it in the wet last night, it's a good job we know how to drive RWD cars!)

- pulling to the left, need to check alignment / ball joints

- oil change
                    [I][B][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]1993 SSR-X 2.4[/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/I]

Comment

Working...
                    X