green lanes in kent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• green lanes in kent

feel a little green with envy of forum members that live Every were but kent dont now of any green lanes so are there any members that do and if so could we all get together and do some lanes im still very new to off roading (i now that green laning is not technically off roading) so wouldn't want anything to demanding . we have been to a few p&p sites but i think its so much better when you go with others .on your own it can be a little boring especially if you stay on the white track .so come on kent surfers

nero's the man for kent lanes steve
    Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Join up here.. http://www.kentoffroadclub.co.uk/ beware though, its mainly Land Rover based.
      Also see http://extranet7.kent.gov.uk/explorekentgis/map.aspx for an out of date map, and http://www.southerntrails.co.uk/byways-in-kent.html is worth a look.
      I will be up for a day out soon, my truck has been off the road since June but goes in for an MOT next week so I will be looking to get out there to try out my new 33's
      There are quite a few members from Kent and a couple of good days out have been had, I am sure a post in the Greenlaning section would spark some interest for a day out in a couple of weeks time.
      Ebay search item 230357761354 !

Comment

We haven't been out in Kent for a while now. Think Nero's been pretty busy lately!
        Heres a couple of links to whet your apetite.......................

Alan
        www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by tintin View Post
          We haven't been out in Kent for a while now. Think Nero's been pretty busy lately!

Alan
          yes its wet

Comment

Originally posted by tintin View Post

Alan
            Oooh, everyones favourite lane from that one
            =========
            =SOLD UP!=
            =========

Comment

Originally posted by nero279 View Post
              Oooh, everyones favourite lane from that one
              so when we goin then

Comment

Originally posted by steve s View Post
                so when we goin then
                give us a few weeks and i'll do a bit of planning, i've got OS maps for all of kent and beyond with every byway highlighted, so really it's just a case of planning a route and checking for TRO's etc (which i believe there are quite a few of about this winter - KCC seem to be experimenting with 6 month winter closures this year). I like to try and reccy lanes I haven't done before, just so I/we can have a fair idea of what to expect too.

It could take a good couple of weekends for me to put something together, then get an idea of who's interested and set a date, so probably looking february/march/april time now anyway for an organised run. Or could throw something together go out blind and do it next weekend, and see what we find on the day.
                Last edited by nero279; 30 December 2008, 20:55.
                =========
                =SOLD UP!=
                =========

Comment

look forward to that Ian sat would be a no no got to get my isuzu to the garage for work to get it through mot but sun or the weekend after up to you .all the best steve
                  Last edited by steve s; 30 December 2008, 21:02.

Comment

Originally posted by steve s View Post
                    look forward to that Ian sat would be a no no got to get my isuzu to the garage for work to get it through mot but sun or the weekend after up to you .all the best steve
                    let's wait til gra's back in the country, then maybe go for a sat afternoon / early evening followed by pub grub, or a sunday (I'm now working every saturday morning).

I'll get the maps out over the next few days, and see if i can get hold of the RoW office and find out about any TROs and go from there.
                    =========
                    =SOLD UP!=
                    =========

Comment

Originally posted by nero279 View Post
                      let's wait til gra's back in the country, then maybe go for a sat afternoon / early evening followed by pub grub, or a sunday (I'm now working every saturday morning).

I'll get the maps out over the next few days, and see if i can get hold of the RoW office and find out about any TROs and go from there.
                      im back on the 5th of jan ian,might need the following few days to do washing/try and figure out what damm time it is
                      btw its just about to snow (about 3-4 inches)..........taking the 3.5 litre v6 toyota out for a blast.

speak soon dude and happy new year
                      Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                        im back on the 5th of jan ian,might need the following few days to do washing/try and figure out what damm time it is
                        btw its just about to snow (about 3-4 inches)..........taking the 3.5 litre v6 toyota out for a blast.

speak soon dude and happy new year
                        Happy new year buddy, see you soon!
                        =========
                        =SOLD UP!=
                        =========

Comment

ok ian sounds great .

Comment

Where abouts are you Steve?
                            Ebay search item 230357761354 !

Comment

edenbridge