ADD System still playing up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ADD System still playing up

The ADD system on my 3 gen is still playing up!

The lights are flashing, it did stop after re connecting a vacuum tube that had come off but has since stopped working again.

I have looked on here but cant seem to narrow it down to the exact faulty component.

Basically: it has worked fine until it didn't! after checking the system one of the vac tubes was found to be off so it was reconnected. After a lot of switching the 4wd switch on and off and endless driving back wards and for wards in a straight line it started to work again. The light stayed off and all was good.

Then it came on again a couple of days later same routine as before but with a new clicking noise from the passenger foot-well area. it was intermittently engaging and disengaging then stopped again all together. The clicking noise sounded like a switch making and breaking not the clunk of the add engaging and disengaging.

Now there is nothing when using the switch no click or clunk.

VSV solenoids are in the correct resistance range

I have gone through most of the checks mentioned on line but cannot find the fault, although when i did that the fault was intermittent so the component may have appeared OK but not have been.

Before I go through everything again is there any other tips or suggestions as to the likely cause?

Could it be some muck sucked into the vacuum pump when the tube came off?
    If it can be broken it can be fixed

I don't know how much the system differs from the 2nd gen, but the click from the passenger footwell could well be the relay - on the 2nd gen it's above/behind the brake pedal...

I'd check that, then check that you haven't got any crud stuck in the vac hose, that may have got in there when it was off - just looking for the simple stuff first..

Then, check all the switches on the transfer box, where the transfer and transmission 'meet' at the back..

Good luck!
    Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Working...
    X