X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please give a minute of your time.

Please tell ten friends to tell ten today. The Breast Cancer site is
    having trouble getting enough people to click on it daily to meet
    their quota of donating at least one free mammogram a day to an underprivileged woman. It takes less than a minute to go to their site
    and click on "donating a mammogram" for free (pink window in the middle). This doesn't cost you a thing. Their corporate sponsors/advertisers use the number of daily visits to
    donate a mammogram in exchange for advertising. Here's the web site! Please pass it along to 10 people you know. You can also scroll down for other sites which could benefit from your help.

Please pass it on.....it means a lot. Thank you.

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com/c...omponent.0.0.0

Originally posted by TAZMAN
    their quota of donating at least one free mammogram a day to an underprivileged woman. It takes less than a minute to go to their site
    and click on "donating a mammogram" for free (pink window in the middle). This doesn't cost you a thing. Their corporate sponsors/advertisers use the number of daily visits to
    donate a mammogram in exchange for advertising. Here's the web site! Please pass it along to 10 people you know. You can also scroll down for other sites which could benefit from your help.

Done.

Mate of mine's wife died of Breast Cancer at 33 years old so I think it's important.

Cheers

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear that mate. Thanks for your help.

Comment

I have clicked too,

you know you are all welcome to join either of the projects I am in to fight cancer - they cost nothing and work in the background on your pc.

Trev
        Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
          I have clicked too,

you know you are all welcome to join either of the projects I am in to fight cancer - they cost nothing and work in the background on your pc.

Trev
          Thanks Trev. Top job you and your members are doing to.

Comment

Done
            I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

My friend introduced me to the breast cancer website and I would click on the fund as often as I could. Sadly, my friend lost her battle last year, a brave lady to the end. Your thread has reminded me to log on again.

And all the best to the good ship Wunderlust.

Sometimes busy lifestyles take over and it's easy to forget those having a much more difficult time and the small effort we could all make to try and change things.

Puts things in perspective dunnit....
              Had enough... going to live in Spain....

Comment

I've done it too!! Thanks for telling us about this - I didnt even know it was there. I've also set the site up in my startup at work to remind to do it each day!!

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by TAZMAN

ive done it as well. as we take life for granted as we are unaware of issues that dont affect us
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                  (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
                    ive done it as well. as we take life for granted as we are unaware of issues that dont affect us
                    My misses has just had a mammogram so happy to help.

Steve

Comment

sorted from here and the wife will do it from work.
                      If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

done it and will do it a lot more, its a really good cause.
                        craig
                        3RD GEN 3.0TD 1996 SSR-X BLUE OVER SILVER

Comment

so do under priveledged mothers have to pay for them normally? my mums had one and i believe our taxes paid for it... not dissing breast cancer or owt... but u sure it's not just an advertising scam?
                          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

It's an American site and though I'm sure some companies are making money out of it; that's just the way the world works.

People should remember that the UK is one of a very few countries where almost everyone has at least the chance of being treated with effective medical technology without having to pay directly.

In many countries including mine breast cancer is usually a death sentence for an average woman. It's also an ailiment that is much easier and cheaper to treat if it is diagnosed at an early stage, which relies on simple education. Just by reminding people that breast cancer exists and can be cured, this website is doing something worthwhile

Comment

Originally posted by dabigman
                              so do under priveledged mothers have to pay for them normally? my mums had one and i believe our taxes paid for it... not dissing breast cancer or owt... but u sure it's not just an advertising scam?
                              Maybe it is a scam... but then again maybe it isn't... I'd rather just click and know there's a chance I helped someone who otherwise wouldn't be treated.

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X