New toy...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New toy...

What I will be mostly playing with this week...

Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Looks a sturdy specimen, that winch looks the nuts, gauranteed to write off owt it hits up the arse
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Its on a quick release cradle too, with mounts on the back for it too. I'll get some pics of how its mounted as it looks really neat and a less beefy version might work with the Surf.

Comment

Dammit, I want one!!

Comment

From the side it looks the nads. That front end looks a bit gay though.

Comment

When are we gonna see a finished one? They all still seem to be in primer.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
              What I will be mostly playing with this week...

dude thats wicked
              ya lucky bugger what size engine dose it have looks mean
              am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                Its on a quick release cradle too, with mounts on the back for it too. I'll get some pics of how its mounted as it looks really neat and a less beefy version might work with the Surf.
                Glad you said that because the excellent approach angle looked compromised by the winch.

The Yanks have loads of accessories to go with their receiver hitches too....

http://www.hitchesonline.com/front_m...iver_hitch.htm

I've always thought they are the way forward, only carry them in the back when needed and mount them when the going gets rough. Saves lugging all that weight around for 99% of the year.
                Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

wot the kin el is it

Comment

Originally posted by steve s View Post
                    wot the kin el is it
                    This may help
                    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Tis an 'International MXT' TSV (Tactical Support Vehicle) - it has a 'very large' (dunno the size for sure, but expect its around 12 - 14 litres if its anything ike the others I've tested) turbo diesel V8 and sounds absolutely wonderful! Given it weighs something around 8 tons, it isn't exactly lively though, and it took a good bootful of revs just to get it up to about 20mph in the carpark.

Matt F, yes the front isn't its best angle. The back is nice though!

Nice and practical for overlanding, nice and spacious in the cab, and nice and armoured for those dodgy bits of Africa!

Comment

Tiz a 6.0 Litre, no wonder it's not lively
                        Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev View Post
                          That would explain it, though it may not be the same as its not a standard production one. It's for 'special' use.

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev View Post
                            Looking at that then got me thinking and looking at big diesels, made me reaslise just how much grunt the VW Tourag has

One of these has 23 more lb's of torque (553lb's) and 10 more horsies (310bhp) behind it... When u consider the difference in weight aswell thats a hell of a lot of power for a lot smaller car in comparason, the VW weighs a 3rd of what the big fella does ( 5736lb to 15,300lb ) Thats a MUNSTER haha

If u were looking for even more power, sumthin to really open up that hole i nthe ozone the The R50 diesel packs a wopppppping 630lb's of torque and just shy of 350bhp .... BEAST

Comment

There you go Vince, sumthin else for u to start looking in to , the 1st VW Hilux haha

Comment

Working...
                              X